- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Hand surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
I am a consultant Plastic Surgeon with specialist interests in hand surgery and skin cancer surgery.
I perform a full range of hand and wrist surgery, including the diagnosis and treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Cubital Tunnel, Dupuytren's disease, Arthritis, Tendonitis, Trigger finger, DeQuerveins, and treatment for other hand injuries and disorders.
I am a specialist at removing moles and skin tumours, especially from difficult sites such as noses, ears and eyelids.
I can offer a range of cosmetic procedures.
I trained at Oxford and Cambridge, and have completed specialist fellowships in Cosmetic Surgery, Eyelid and Nose reconstruction, and several Hand Surgery Fellowhsips
I am a full member of BAPRAS (The British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons), and of the BSSH (British Society for Surgery of the Hand), and sit on the reserach committees of both organisations,
Areas of interest
Hand Surgery; Wrist Surgery, Nerve Surgery; Carpal Tunnel; Dupuytrens; DeQuerveins; Arthritis; Cubital Tunnel; Skin Cancer; Cysts; Moles; lipomas; trauma; Hand Injuries;Mucous Cysts; Basal Cell Carcinoma; Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Kim Moss
- Spire Bristol Hospital Redland Hill Redland Bristol BS6 6UT
- 0117 980 4090
- 07505 763203
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Dragos Dragnea Fee Assured
- Dr Stephen Tolchard Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, North Bristol NHS Trust (appointed 2011).
Lead Hand Surgeon, NBT
Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Bristol
Scar reducing treatments
BAPRAS and BSSH national research committees
Over 60 Publications
Tennis (Represented Oxford University, Qualified Coach)
Archery (National Medalist)
Skiing (Instructor level)
Bristol Post 2016 Healthcare awards winner
Hackett Medal- British Association of Aesthertic Plastic Surgeons.
Numerous other awards/prizes/grants and Scholarships.
Article about me, and the service at Southmead- Bristol Post, Feb 5th 2016. Healthcare awards, March 2016.
Many scientific and educational publications/book chapters
Courses offered to GPs
Please contact Spire Bristol for details
Infection rate less that 1%
haematoma rate less than 1%
Re-admisison rate zero
Mortality rate zero.
I have only had one patient have a bleed after surgery, and one patient require antibiotics in the year 2015-16. I typically perform about six operations each week for private patients.
- MA University of Oxford 1996
- MB BChir University of Cambridge 1998
- MRCS(Ed) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2002
- FHEA Higher Education Academy 2006
- MD University of Manchester 2006
- European Diploma of Hand Surgery Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand 2013
- FRCS(PLast) Royal College of Sugeons of England 2010
- Higher training in Plastic Surgery Cambridge 2006
- Cosmetic Surgery Interface Fellowship JCHST 2011
- Hand Surgery Interface Fellowship JCHST 2010
Reference number 4583091
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Reseach Committee BAPRAS 2015
- Research Committee BSSH 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
- The Glen Redland Hill Durdham Down BRISTOL...
- 08:00 - 17:00
- 07913 610304
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Team Mobile- 07913 610 304
Spire 0117 980 4000