- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Mr chakraborty is the lead paediatric neurosurgeon in Southampton Children's Hospital. He trained in London and undertook two international fellowships.
In his adult practice he manages all aspects of hydrocephalus including normal pressure hydrocephalus, idiopathic intracranial hypertension and Chiari 1 malformation.
He has an active pituitary surrgery practice and has expertise in neuro-endoscopy.
Areas of interest
Chiari 1 malformation
Current NHS consultant posts held
Southampton General Hospital
Mr Chakraborty has a PhD and supervises PhD students. He has over 20 peer reviewed publications and 3 book chapters.
He is married with 3 children
Rittersporn fellowship in paediatric neurosurgery, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto.
- BSc (Hons) Universtiy of London 1994
- MBBS Universtiy of London 1997
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2001
- FRCS (Neuro. Surg.) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2008
- PhD Universtiy of London 2007
- Rittersporn Fellow in paediatric Neurosurgery Hospital for Sick Children, toronto 2010
- International Fellow Great Ormond Street Hospital 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- Neurological surgery, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Society of British Neurological Surgeons
Royal College of surgeons of england
British Paediatric Neurosurgical Group
European Society of pediatric neurosurgeons
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.