- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Video consultations
Last updated: 10 Jun 2020
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
Jill Whittingham is an experienced Counsellor/Psychotherapist and Counselling & Consultative Supervisor, offering an experience that can help you find new ways to deal with difficult or challenging feelings and emotions, life experiences and situations.
Talking Therapies can be life changing - they can help you find new ways of thinking and behaving that will help you deal with issues that are difficult for you. They can improve your confidence and can make you question how and why you think and behave as you do. Jill will support a process which allows you to explore your feelings and life situations in a way you may never have done before.
Jill has extensive experience of working in the addiction field, including alcohol, drugs, prescription medication, gambling and obsessive behaviour.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Stress; Addiction (including alcohol issues); Anger; Bereavement; Depression; Gambling: Fertility Issues; Self Esteem; Relationship Issues; Historical Abuse; Work Related Issues; Suicidal Thoughts
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Anxiety & Stress, Addiction, Alcohol Issues
Jill has a special interest in two areas - Addiction and Fertility.
Addiction - For some people, the use of alcohol/substances/behaviours reaches a crisis point. Consequences become challenging and even overwhelming. Counselling will offer you the chance to look closely at the issue and affects on your life. Together we will work on plans to make the changes you want. This process will not be judgemental nor will it be critical. Whilst working in this field, Jill has also gained experience of working with the families and loved ones of alcoholics and addicts. Their own lives can be seriously affected by the actions of the alcoholic/addict and frequently they feel as if they have no-one to turn to.
Fertility - As a previous member of the BICA Executive Committee, Jill has significant experience in this field. She has provided Fertility Implications Counselling for several private clinics.
- Integrative Counselling Skills WEA Coleg Harlech 2005
- Certificate in Counselling Skills CTI 2006
- Integrative Diploma in Counselling WEA Coleg Harlech 2008
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision Keele University 2011
- Working with Suicide Cruse Bereavement Care 2015
- Anger Therapy Skills Development Service 2010
- Essential Toolkit for Running Groups Skills Development Service 2009
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy for Stress Bangor University School of Psychology 2009
- Reality Therapy/Choice Theory Willam Glasser Institute 2011
- Infertility counselling BICA 2011
- Foundation in Art Therapy (BAAT) Manchester 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Secretary, Executive Committee British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA) 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Registered member BACP, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Accredited member BACP