- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
Jill Whittingham is an experienced Counsellor/Psychotherapist and Counselling Supervisor, offering an experience that can help you find new ways to deal with difficult or challenging feelings and emotions, life experiences and situations.
Talking Therapies can be life changing - they can help you find new ways of thinking and behaving that will help you deal with issues that are difficult for you. They can improve your confidence and can make you question how and why you think and behave as you do. Jill will support a process which allows you to explore your feelings and life situations in a way you may never have done before.
Jill has extensive experience of working in the addiction field, including alcohol, drugs, prescription medication, gambling and obsessive behaviour.
Working from comfortable, discreet, professional offices in Nantwich and Wrexham,
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Stress; Addiction (including alcohol issues); anger; bereavement; depression; gambling: fertility issues; self esteem; relationship issues; historical abuse; work related issue; suicidal thoughts
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Anxiety & Stress, Addiction, Alcohol Issues
For some people, the use of alcohol may have become an issue in their lives but they would not call it an addiction or alcoholism. Many people use alcohol at times of stress and then find it hard to put it down - that it becomes a more and more important part of life. This counselling will offer you the chance to look closely at the issue and affect is having on your life. Together we will work on plans to make the changes you want. This process will not be judgemental nor will it be critical, it is vital that the client feels accepted in this counselling process and that there is a real chance for change. Whilst working in this field, Jill has also gained experience of working with the families and loved ones of alcoholics and addicts. Their own lives can be seriously affected by the actions of the alcoholic/addict and frequently they feel as if they have no-one to turn to. Jill offers counselling to anyone whose life is affected by the drinking or addiction of another person.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision Keele University 2011
- Integrative Diploma in Counselling WEA Coleg Harlech 2008
- Certificate in Counselling Skills CTI 2006
- Integrative Counselling Skills WEA Coleg Harlech 2005
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy for Stress Bangor University School of Psychology 2009
- Foundation in Art Therapy (BAAT) Manchester 2016
- Reality Therapy/Choice Theory Willam Glasser Institute 2011
- Infertility counselling BICA 2011
- Working with Suicide Cruse Bereavement Care 2015
- Anger Therapy Skills Development Service 2010
- Essential Toolkit for Running Groups Skills Development Service 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- Registered member BACP, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Accredited member BACP 2016/17
Member BICA - 2016