- Awaiting verification
- Pain medicine
MBBS, MD (Anaesthesia), MRCA, FCARCSI, DESRA, MA (Clinical Education)
-Orthopaedic and trauma anaesthetist
-Head of Clinical audit and effectiveness for the division of surgery and critical care at Royal Lancaster Infirmary.
-Member of European Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine
-Member of GPAS chapter development group at the Royal College of Anaesthetists on 'Emergency Anaesthesia'
-Member of Faculty of Leadership and Management, being an expert peer.
Areas of interest
Expert in ultrasound guided regional nerve blocks to reduce pain and enhance peri-operative outcome. My patients and colleagues consider me to be proficient in supra scapular nerve blocks for frozen shoulder and stellate ganglion blocks for neuropathic pain.
Current NHS consultant posts held
University hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust
Clinical Education Research
Depth of Anaesthesia monitoring assessment tools research
Socialising with friends
Playing sports like badminton, tennis and cricket
Spending time with children
Sepsis and the Heart- BJA 2010, Co-Author for this review article.
Failed laryngoscope- Case report, Anaesthesia 2004.
- MBBS University of Health Sciences 1996
- MD in Anaesthesia University of Health Sciences, India 2001
- FCARCSI Royal College is Anaesthetists and Surgeons of Ireland 2007
- DESRA European Society of Regional anaesthesia and pain medicine 2010
- MA in Clinical Education Edge hill University 2013
Reference number 6040116
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Expert Peer Faculty of Leadership and Management, FMLM 2015
- Member of chapter development group for emergency surgery Royal College of Anaesthetists, London 2015
- Member of European Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain medicine ESRA 2008
Details of entry to specialist register
- Anaesthesia, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
European Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine
European Society of Intensive Care Medicine
British Orthopaedic Anaesthesia Society
Royal College of Anaesthetists