- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
I am a Psychotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, NLP Master Practitioner and Time Line Therapist. I work with several conditions/issues. I have been a therapist since 1998. I work in an integrated way, which means, that I apply a range of therapeutic approaches in assisting my clients overcome their issues. I also customise my therapy, to suit my clients presented symptoms and needs. I am passionate about what I do.
I initially came to therapy, as a means of satisfying my curiosity; I wanted to know why things were the way they were, i.e., with me and with others. I was also interested in knowing, if there was anything that could be done, to assist us as human beings, in living a more satisfying and therefore fulfilling life. Now, my curiosity extends to include how we perceive the world, why we perceive it the way we do, and how this can impact on our lives. Nevertheless, it is my desire to assist my clients in becoming all that they are capable of being.
I am also no stranger to life's challenging issues and I find that this can be a very good resource in helping others come to terms with and in resolving theirs. I am committed to my work and abide by the ethics of my profession. It would be a delight to eventually get to know you and to work with you.
Areas of interest
General Anxiety Disorders; Phobias; Panic Disorder; Depression; PTSD; Trauma; Abuse; Relationships; Eating Disorders; Pain Management; Psychogenic Dis-orders; Self-esteem; Confidence Building; Worry; Self-loathing; Guilt; Bereavement/Loss; Stress Management; Work-place Stress; Anger Management; Fears; etc.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Counselling Directory: http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/counsellors/esther-emanuel?uqs=26985
- Hypnotherapy Directory: http://www.hypnotherapy-directory.org.uk/hypnotherapists/esther-emanuel?uqs=604512
- Therapies East: http://www.therapieseast.co.uk
Courses offered to GPs
Benefits of Hypnotherapy
Self-help in the community
- MA Group and Intercultural Therapy Goldsmiths College, University of London 2005
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis London College of Clinica Hypnosis 1998
- MPhil University of Brighton 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Member of UKCP
Clinical member of UPCA
Full member of BSCH
- Lily House
- 09:00 - 08:00
- 020 8262 0471
- The Therapy Space - Wilmington Gardens - Off...
- 09:00 - 07:00
- 020 8262 0471
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.