- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Urological oncology
I am a Consultant Urologist specializing in Uro-oncology (Urological cancers – prostate, bladder and kidneys). I am fellowship trained in Uro-oncology. I am a Robotic surgeon and one of the few Robotic surgeons in the UK performing robotic prostatectomies, cystectomies and partial nephrectomies. I am one of the highest volume robotic surgeons in the North of England and perform over 120 robotic procedures annually.
My work has been published in peer-reviewed journals and presented at regional, national and international meetings. I have reviewed articles for the British Journal of Urology International.
I am an investigator for national clinical trials e.g. BRAVO Trial and Add ASPIRIN Trial.
I returned to the UK on a British Journal of Urology International Scholarship in Uro-oncology from my native Trinidad and Tobago where I was a Consultant Urologist in the public and private sector. I spent 3 years training in Uro-oncology at St Bartholomew’s Hospital and University College London and came to Yorkshire to develop the robotic programme at Bradford Royal Infirmary. My entire NHS practice at the BRI now involves treating urological cancers using robotic surgery.
I conduct my private work at the Yorkshire Clinic and also offer a full range of diagnostic urological procedures (for cancer detection) and evaluation of urological symptoms in men and women. I carry out all urological cancer procedures robotically using the Da Vinci surgical robotic system. Robotic procedures offer advantages such as less bleeding, less pain and faster recovery from major surgery.
Areas of interest
Diagnostic urological services; urological cancer surgery - prostate, bladder and kidney; robotic urological surgery
- Nichola Robinson
- The Yorkshire Clinic Bradford Road BINGLEY BD16 1TW
- 01274 550600
- 07964 222152
- 01274 550812
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Dawn Fabbroni Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Uro-oncologist and Urological Surgeon at Bradford Teaching Hospitals Foundation NHS Trust.
Prostate, bladder and kidney cancer.
Investigator and recruiter for the BRAVO Trial and Add ASPIRIN Trial
BJU International Scholarship - Uro-oncology (UCLH and Bart's Hospital)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Finnish - Conversational
• Comparison of open and robotic nephron sparing surgery
C Jelley, R Singh, H Bardgett, SK Addla
Accepted for publication in Journal of Clinical urology, July 2016
• Patients experience of the Robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy learning curve
Hanchanale V, Fragkopoulou C, Jehan E, Chahal R, Singh R, SK Addla
European Urology Supplements 2014; 13(3):16-17
European Urology Supplements 2014; 13(3):49
• Comparison of peri-operative and pathological outcomes for open and Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy during early stages of surgeon’s learning curve for both the procedures
Nandwani G, Chahal R, Hanchanale V, Singh R, SK Addla
Urology 84 (4 Supplement 1) S82, Oct 2014
• Patients Experience of the surgeons Robotic learning curve
Fragkopoulou C, Jehan E, Chahal R, Singh R, SK Addla
Urology 84 (4 Supplement 1) S83, Oct 2014
• A Prospective study to assess the patterns of recurrences in radical cystectomy patients to guide radiological surveillance
Nandwani G, SK Addla, Singh R, Chahal R
Urology 84 (4 Supplement 1) S104, Oct 2014
• To Prospectively assess the morbidity using the Clavien-Dindo classification and the medium term outcomes of a contemporary Radical cystectomy series from a specialist referral centre
Nandwani G, SK Addla, Singh R, Chahal R
Urology 84 (4 Supplement 1) S186, Oct 2014
• Is it time to replace ultrasound with computed tomography urography as the initial investigation in patients with visible haematuria?
Bommireddy T, Singh R, SK Addla, Chahal R
Urology 84 (4 Supplement 1) S132, Oct 2014
• Partial nephrectomy: Comparison of open and robotic techniques in a single centre
L Forster, S Ingham, V Hanchanale, R Singh, SK Addla
Journal of Endourology, 29 (Supplement 1), Sept 2015, A240-241
• Partial nephrectomy: Comparison of open and robotic techniques in a single centre C Jelley, R Singh, H Bardgett, SK Addla : Accepted for publication in Journal of clinical urology
• Role of biopsy in Management of small renal mass. C Jelley, R Singh, H Bardgett, SK Addla
Accepted for presentation at BAUS 2016,
JCU Volume 9,1S, June 2016, page 50
• Outcomes of emergency exploration of acute scrotum
A Anwar, M Nandwani, R Singh, R Chahal, SK Addla
Accepted for presentation at BAUS 2016
JCU Volume 9,1S, June 2016, page 60
• Does nephrometry predict surgical outcomes? Prospective study of 100 partial nephrectomies
L Forster, C Jelley, R Singh, H Bardgett,SK Addla
Accepted for presentation at BAUS, June 2017
Courses offered to GPs
Diagnostic urology, prostate, bladder and kidney cancer.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.baus.org.uk
- B.Sc (Hons-First) UWI 1987
- MBBS UWI 1992
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 1998
- Diploma in Urology UCLH 2002
- FRCS Urol Intercollegiate Speciality Board 2010
- British Journal of Urology International Scholarship (Uro-oncology) St Bartholomew's Hospital and University College London Hospital 2008
Reference number 4167006
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Register in Urology, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
European Association of Urology
British Association of Urological Surgeons
Caribbean Urological Association
Caribbean College of Surgeons
- The Yorkshire Clinic Bradford Road BINGLEY...
- 09:00 - 20:00
- 01274 550860
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr R Singh
The Yorkshire Clinic