- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Lower GI surgery
I am a Consultant General and Colorectal surgeon. Since completing my medical training at Imperial College School of Medicine London, I have completed my higher surgical training in the Mersey region. After completing 2 years in research and being awarded a doctorate in Medicine( University of Leeds) I returned to Mersey and was appointed as a Consultant at Whiston Hospital.
Areas of interest
Hernia surgery (epigastric, umbilical, inguinal femoral , incisional - open and laparoscopic) Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, Haemorrhoidal surgery (banding/THD,Halo/open), Anal fissures(botox injection/advancement flap), Fistula (fitula plug, Lift procedure, VAAFT, Bio lift), Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy, Bowel resection for benign/malignant disease (laparoscopic/open) Pelvic floor for incontinence (PTNS, THD Gatekeeper, irrigation. Rectal prolapse surgery (Laparoscopic ventral mesh rectoopexy, delormes)
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Nirmal Daniel Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Colorectal & General Surgeon
St Helens & Knowsley NHS Trust- Whiston Hospital
Pain management in haemorrhoidal surgery (THD/HALO)
Advanced colorectal cancer and management
Surgery in the elderly
I enjoy going to the gym, playing squash
Spending time with my wife and three children.
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Single Centre comparative study of laparoscopic versus open colorectal surgery - Two year experience.
O Mussa, Rajaganeshan R, Selvasekar CR
Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy & Percutaneous Techniques 2012 Feb(22)1:29-32
2. Colon Cancer Presenting With Polymyositis - A Case Report
O Oliminiydi, Broman K, Rajaganeshan R, Selvasekar CR
International Journal of Surgery Case Reports 2 (2011), pp. 225-227
3. Gangrenous cholecystitis in an asymptomatic patient found during an elective laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a case report
Hussain R, Rajaganeshan R, Chaudry S, Corless DJ
Journal of Medical Case Reports 2011, 5:199
4. Conservative surgery in the management of a benign ovarian cystic teratoma presenting as a rectal mass – a case report.
Rajaganeshan R, Abouleid A, CR Selvasekar
Accepted for publication in the Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons- England
5. Expression patterns of hypoxic markers at the invasive margin of colorectal cancers and liver metastases.
Rajaganeshan R, R Prasad, Guillou PJ, Scott N, Poston G, Jayne DG.
European Journal of Surgical Oncology 2009PMID 19540709
6. Expression of cyclin D2 is an independent predictor of the development of hepatic metastasis in colorectal cancer.
Sarkar R, Hunter IA, Rajaganeshan R, Perry SL, Guillou P, Jayne DG.
Colorectal Disease 2009[ahead of print] PMID 19508551
7. The role of hypoxia in recurrence following resection of Dukes’ B colorectal cancer"
Rajaganeshan R, Scott N, Poston G, Prasad KR, Guillou PJ, Jayne DG
Int J of Colorectal Dis 2008 Nov;23(11):1049-55 PMID 18594846
8. Biological characteristics and behaviour of putatively curatively resected colorectal liver metastases
Rajaganeshan R, Jayne DG, Malik HZ, Scott N, Lodge JP,Toogood G, Prasad KR
Eur J Surg Oncol. 2008 Apr;34(4):439-44. PMID 17502131
9. The influence of invasive growth pattern and microvessel density on prognosis in colorectal cancer and colorectal liver metastases
R Rajaganeshan, R Prasad, PJ Guillou, CR Chalmers, N Scott, R Sarkar,G Poston, DG Jayne
Br J Cancer 2007 Apr 10;96(7):1112-7. PMID 17353920
Courses offered to GPs
Seminars via Spire Liverpool
Happy to update local GPs on management of surgical conditions in individual practices
- MBBS Imperial College School of Medicine (University of London) 2000
- MD University of Leeds 2009
- FRCS Royal college of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow 2011
Reference number 4720016
- Pall Mall Medical Newton-le-Willows, WA12 0JJ
- 14:30 - 16:30
- 0161 832 2111
- Spire Liverpool Hospital, L18 1HQ
- 13:00 - 16:30
- 0151 733 7123
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details