- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 25 Apr 2020
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
I have worked as a chartered psychologist and clinical psychologist since 2005 in the NHS and in private health services. I have been working independently since June 2015.
My objective is to help people move towards their individual goals, and I am committed to adding value to people’s lives. The treatment I deliver is tailored to each person.
I am trained and experienced in cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), one of the third generation cognitive behaviour therapies. I am also trained in EMDR for working with trauma.
People often come to therapy with difficulties in more than one area of their life, although these are often related. I use an integrative approach with my clients, drawing on evidence-based models to treat people’s individual difficulties.
Areas of interest
Depression; Stress; Anxiety Disorders; Obsessive compulsive disorder; Symptoms of traumatic stress; Problems with eating behaviours; Problems with alcohol/drug use; Self esteem difficulties; Relationship difficulties; Self harm; Anger.
Current NHS consultant posts held
My previous post was Consultant Clinical Psychologist with Priory Group until June 2015. As clinical lead for the psychology service at a rehabilitation unit, I worked with female inpatients with complex mental health difficulties.
I work with adults with a wide range of difficulties, including low mood and depression, stress and anxiety difficulties, trauma and posttraumatic stress symptoms, low self-confidence, alcohol and drug use, binge or restricted eating, and anger problems.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology University of Manchester 2005
- EMDR Part 1, 2 & 3 EMDR Masterclass 2019
- ACT & Mindfulness for Trauma Dr Russ Harris, Psychwire 2016
- Intermediate level training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Contextual Consulting 2015
- DBT Intensive Training British Isles Training 2014
- Schema Therapy Training International Society of Schema Therapy 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Chartered Psychologist & Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist, Registration number PYL03054.
- Remedy Lounge Milton Hall 3rd Floor 244...
- 09:30 - 18:00
- 07821 661997
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.