- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Accredited endoscopist
- Accredited endoscopist
Dr Bajwa completed Higher Specialist training in 2010, with rotational posts in various teaching and District General Hospitals in the East Midlands (South) deanery. He also undertook a 12 month advanced endoscopy fellowship in JAG (Joint Advisory Group on GI Endoscopy) accredited National Endoscopy training centre based in Northern General Hospital, Sheffield.
He has been a Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist at the Northampton General Hospital since May 2010 and holds a dual certificate of completion of training (CCT) in General Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr Bajwa was awarded a Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education from the University of Nottingham in December 2010. He is an elected Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London.
Dr Bajwa is a JAG accredited colonoscopist for the National Bowel Cancer screening programme (BCSP) which requires on-going commitment to undertake high quality colonoscopy procedures which are audited and peer reviewed nationally.
He provides a comprehensive Gastroenterology consultation in various aspects of this field and some of his interests are highlighted below.
Areas of interest
- Investigation for suspected Gastrointestinal (GI) cancer.
- Gastroscopy; Colonoscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy;
- IBD (Inflammatory bowel diseases e.g. Ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease);
- Indigestion type symptoms e.g. reflux symptoms, dyspepsia;
- Change in bowel habit including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), chronic diarrhoea;
- Investigation and management of abnormal liver tests;
- Investigation of anaemia;
- Diagnosis and management of Coeliac Disease
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist
Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Fluent
- Hindi - Conversational
- M.B.B.S. University Of Rajasthan, India 1998
- F.R.C.P. Royal College of Physicians of London 2015
- Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Education University of Nottingham 2010
Reference number 5204144
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT; General Internal Medicine & Gastroenterology, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians (London)
- BMI Three Shires Hospital, NN1 5DR
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 07904 841099
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.