- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Reconstructive surgery
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr. Gore is a Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon. He is an NHS consultant in the Oxford University & Royal Berkshire Hospitals and is a full member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS).
Following medical training at Cambridge University, Mr. Gore trained in Plastic Surgery in Sydney, London & East Anglia. Thereafter he completed national and international specialist fellowships in breast surgery, eyelid surgery, rhinoplasty, microsurgery, head & neck surgery and cosmetic surgery (London, Australia, USA) including the prestigious Johnson & Johnson Aesthetic Surgery fellowship. He has published research articles in these areas and as well as a masters degree (MD) in skin cancer, he has completed postgraduate diplomas in aesthetic surgery and medical education. He maintains his passion for contemporary best practice by regularly visiting and liaising with world class surgical colleagues in Europe, North America and Australia. Mr. Gore has a sensitive, modern, evidence-based approach to his practice and offers a comprehensive range of cosmetic and reconstructive solutions.
Mr. Gore does work within the Oxford Lymphoedema Practice performing lymphaticovenular anastomosis supermicrosurgery but absolutely no aspect of this work (outpatient consultations, investigations or surgery) is covered to any degree by any level of BUPA medical insurance cover.
Areas of interest
skin cancer and benign skin lesion surgery; facial reconstruction; scar management; facial palsy; oculoplastic surgery; head and neck surgery including parotidectomy and neck dissection; aesthetic surgery; lymphoedema / lymphedema;
- Oxford Nuffield Health Manor Hospital
- Sydney Head and Neck Cancer Institute
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Plastic Surgeon,
- Oxford University Hospitals, Oxford
- Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading
Outcomes of complex Head and Neck reconstructive surgery
Aesthetic outcomes of complex nasal reconstruction
Patient-reported outcomes following breast surgery and body contouring.
Family - husband and father of three young children
Sports - Cycling & snowboarding when time permits
- Rowing - former international level oarsman and enthusiastic coach.
• Specialty Trainer of the Month (Oxford University Hospitals), December 2014
• American Head and Neck Surgery Society Conference Prize (Skin & Salivary section), 2012
• Ethicon Travel Bursary award for overseas surgical oncology fellowship, 2011
• John Calder Medal for best scientific presentation at national BAPRAS summer meeting, 2005
(Additional) Languages spoken
Numerous publications in peer-reviewed surgical plastic surgery journals. Former appearances in national daily newspapers for international rowing career
Courses offered to GPs
Talks offered covering the breadth of plastic surgery and in particular where plastic surgery fits in to the toolbox of a referring GP.
Free flap failure rate - 0%
Free flap take back rate - 1%
Permanent facial nerve injury after parotid surgery - 0%
Complete skin cancer excision rate - 98%
- MB BCh University of Cambridge 1996
- MA (Cantab) University of Cambridge 1998
- FRCS(Plast) Intercollegiate surgery Board 2010
- PostGrad Certificate in Medical Education University of Bedfordshire 2011
- MD University of London 2007
- PostGrad Diploma (Aesthetic Surgery) University of London 2010
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery Sydney Head and Neck Cancer Institute 2012
- Complex nasal reconstruction and rhinoplasty Dr. Menick Arizona and Harley Street, London 2011
- Johnson & Johnson Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship Barry Jones' practice, London, UK 2011
Reference number 4369705
Details of entry to specialist register
- Plastic Surgery entry to GMC Specialist Register, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
- Forbury Clinic, Berkshire Health Ltd, 23 Craven...
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 07833 221725
- Nuffield Health The Manor Hospital, OX3 7RP
- 08:00 - 19:00
- 01865 819420
- Spire Dunedin Hospital, Reading, RG1 6NS
- 08:30 - 12:00
- 0118 334 3742
Post treatment communication
Sinclair Gore via Oxford University Hospitals on-call Plastic Surgery contacts - 01865 741166