- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Accredited Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer the Full Pathway cataract surgery package for Bupa customers ...more
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Optegra Eye Hospital Yorkshire .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
Married with two adult children. Interests include fly fishing, literature, crosswords, gardening, cycling and distance walking.
Areas of interest
Glaucoma; Cataract surgery; Medico-legal work
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist St James University Hospital Leeds
Lead Appraiser in Ophthalmology
Governance lead in Ophthalmology
Over 40 peer reviewed publications in glaucoma and ophthalmology
All outcomes consistently above quoted national averages for my specialty
- MB BS London University 1982
- MRCP UK Combined Medical Colleges 1986
- Diploma Ophthalmology RCS England 1988
- FRCOphth Royal College Ophthalmologists 1989
- Fellowship in Opthalmology University of Madison Wisconsin 1991
- Advanced Life Support Instructor Resuscitation Council UK 2006
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register Ophthalmology, 1998
Affiliations / memberships
UK Eire Glaucoma Society
North of England Ophthalmological Society
Oxford Congress Ophthalmology
UK Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
European Society of Cataract Surgeons
European Glaucoma Society
- Optegra Yorkshire Eye Hospital 937 Harrogate...
- 12:00 - 19:30
- 0845 456 2021
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.