- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Accepting patients
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Vascular surgery
Mr. Scurr is a Consultant Surgeon in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery with a specific interest in venous disorders, including deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and varicose veins.
He trained at University College London and The Middlesex Hospitals’ School of Medicine, qualifying in 2000.
In 2004, he moved to the North West to continue his higher surgical training at the Mersey School of Surgery.
From 2005 to 2007 he was the Endovascular Research Fellow at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital and was awarded a Doctorate of Medicine by the University of Liverpool for his research into fenestrated endovascular aneurysm repair.
He is widely published in medical periodicals and textbooks and is a frequent presenter at national and international conferences.
Mr Scurr sits on the Council of the Venous Forum of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Areas of interest
Varicose Veins; Recurrent Varicose Veins;
Minimally invasive varicose vein surgery; Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA / EVLT); Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA); Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy; Deep vein thrombosis (DVT); Post thrombotic limb syndrome;
Research into Varicose Veins and Venous Disorders;
Other aspects of Vascular Surgery; aneurysms; endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR); arterial disease; intermittent claudication; angioplasty; arterial bypass surgery.
- Royal Liverpool Veins Clinic (RVLC) Royal Liverpool University Hospital Prescot Street Liverpool L7 8XP
- 0151 706 5919
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr James Scurr has worked with Dr Zoe Turner at the following hospitals:
- Spire Liverpool Hospital (1-5)
- Mr Scurr - RLUH: http://www.rlbuht.nhs.uk/consultant-directory?department=&hospital=&searchedFor=scurr
- Mr Scurr - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/james-r-h-scurr/39/519/3b0
- Mr Scurr - Spire: https://www.spirehealthcare.com/spire-liverpool-hospital/consultants/mr-james-scurr-c4715155/
- Patient Info - Circulation Foundation: https://www.circulationfoundation.org.uk/help-advice/veins
- Mr Scurr - Private Healthcare Information Network - PHIN: https://www.phin.org.uk/consultant/?procedureGroupId=62&hid=171696
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon to the Liverpool Vascular and Endovascular Service (LiVES).
Consultant Surgeon to the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Honorary Consultant Surgeon to St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
Honorary Clinical Lecturer at the University of Liverpool
Varicose veins, venous disorders and venous disease.
Mr Scurr was awarded a Royal Air Force Flying Scholarship in 1993 and has flown a variety of fixed wing aeroplanes and helicopters since then. He is a member of the Royal Air Squadron and the Honourable Company of Air Pilots.
A busy clinical practice, young family and the English weather all limit his chances of getting airborne these days!
2010: Liverpool and North West Society of Surgeons’ travelling Fellow to the Mayo Clinic (Minnesota, USA).
2012: American College of Phlebology’s (American Vein and Lymphatic Society) International Scholarship.
Over 20 peer reviewed publications in a variety of professional, scientific and surgical journals
Courses offered to GPs
Vascular Surgery Updates.
Talks given on GP request at GP Surgery or at regional meetings.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Consultants/Indicators/Service/107/4715155
- MB BS - BACHELOR OF MEDICINE, BACHELOR OF SURGERY University College London 2000
- BSc - BACHELOR OF SCIENCE University College London 1997
- MD - DOCTOR OF MEDICINE University of Liverpool 2011
- FRCS - FELLOWSHIP OF THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS OF ENGLAND The Royal College of Surgeon of England 2011
Reference number 4715155
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Council Member of the Venous Forum (RSM) The Royal Society of Medicine 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Surgery, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Member of the Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
Member of the British Society of Endovascular Therapy.
Member of the Venous Forum of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Royal Liverpool University Hospital, L7 8XP
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 0151 706 5919
- Spire Liverpool Hospital, L18 1HQ
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 0151 522 1826
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.