- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Percutaneous coronary intervention with/without stenting
- Reporting of echocardiography
I am the senior cardiologist and Lead Clinician for Cardiology in York Hospital. I have been a Consultant Cardiologist in York for 20 years and during that time I have had a private practice based at the Nuffield Hospital.
I have trained widely in cardiology including Glasgow and London. I was awarded Doctorate in Medicine (MD) with Distinction.
I am highly specialized and treat all aspects of heart problems in adults. I am passionate about high quality care for my patients, I believe in a personal approach – as no patient or their heart condition is the same. I pride myself on providing an up to date, evidence based practice – utilising the latest diagnostic imaging and treatments along with many years experience as a Consultant Cardiologist. However each patient has his /her own expectations, ideas and wishes for treatment and management – this must remain paramount in planning the care and treatment plan for each individual patient. I am always prepared to see patients urgently. All aspects of Ischaemic Heart Disease ( angina and heart attacks)
Investigation and treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Investigation and treatment of Cardiac Arrythmias ( = heart rhythm disturbances and palpitations) Member of Arrhythmia Alliance with special interest in Atrial fibrillation.
Investigation and treatment of syncope.
Pacemakers ( for slow heart beats , blackouts etc) and implantable loop recorders
Investigation and treatment of Heart Failure
• British Cardiovascular Society
• British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
• Chairman:Rescucitation Committee
• Chairman Yorkshire Regional Cardiology Consultant Group
• Fellow Royal College of Physicians
Areas of interest
Coronary and ischaemic heart disease ( heart attacks and angina); Lipidology ( cholesterol); Hypertension( high blood pressure); Angiography ( imaging coronary arteries); Atrial fibrillation ( heart rhythm disturbances) ; Echocardiography; Coronary Angioplasty ( stents /opening up narrowed coronary arteries) ; Cardiac imaging; pacemakers; blackouts; palpitations; arrythmias; reveal device; valvular heart disease; cardiomyopathy/heart muscle disease; heart failure
- Nuffield Health York Hospital Haxby Road YORK YO31 8TA
- 01904 715111
- 07713 627418
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consulatant Cardiologist York Teaching Hospital
Lead Consultant Cardiologist York Hospital
Consultant Cardiologist Leeds General Infirmary
Head of Cardiology research York Hospital
MD honours with Distinction
(Additional) Languages spoken
- English - Native or bilingual
- French - Conversational
- MBBCh Cardiff University 1982
- BSc Honours Cardiff University 1979
- MD honours Cardiff University 1992
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians London 1985
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 1995
Reference number 2581358
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register in Cardiology, 1994
- Nuffield Health York HospitalHaxby RoadYORKYO31...
- 17:00 - 19:30
- 01904 715111
- Nuffield Hospital York Haxby Road YORK YO31 8TA
- 07:30 - 13:00
- 01904 715111
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details