- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Core professional training as a Registered Mental Health Nurse (DipN) at St.Martin's Uni College, Lancaster in 1999. This was followed by a BSC (Hons) degree in Mental Health Nursing at Manchester Metro University in 2002, and a Specialist Practitioner professional qualification in Mental Health Nursing.
Post grad training in the Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies began in 2002-2004 and a PG Dip awarded by University of Liverpool.
First gained Accreditation with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, 2005.
Further professional training undertaken includes intensive training courses in Post Traumatic Stress (2007), CBT Supervision Provision (2008), Cognitive Analytic Therapy (2011), Cognitive Behavioural Analytic System of Psychotherapy for Chronic Depression (2014), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (2016/2017)
Various workshops for Continuing Professional Development; examples inc Compassion Focused Therapy, Mindfulness, Attachment Theory, Suicide Prevention, Children and Adult Support and Protection.
Areas of interest
Anxiety disorders, inc Stress, Phobias, Panic Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, Health and worry/Generalised Anxiety Disorders;
Mood disorders (inc Acute and Chronic Depression);
Relationship and interpersonal difficulties;
Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress;
Compassion Focused Therapy and Mindfulness;
Cognitive Behavioural Analytic System of Psychotherapy for Chronic Depression;
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Most recent NHS post;
Nurse Therapist (CBT),
Midlothian Psychological Therapy Service,
Compassion focused Therapy
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Much of my spare time is taken up with voluntary work; for church community projects, the local foodbank and the parent council, and enjoy walking in relaxing and beautiful scenery.
Certificate for Outstanding achievement award (nominee) for Services to Service Users and Carers 2002.
Specialist Practitioner in Mental Health Nursing 2002.
Development of staff training framework of carer support (2002,Journal of Mental Health Nursing)
- DipN (RMN) St Martins University 1999
- BSC (hons) MH Nursing Manchester Metro University 2002
- PG Dip (CBT) University of Liverpool 2004
- Cognitive Therapy for PTSD BABCP 2006
- CBT Supervisors Training Course University of Dundee 2008
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy NHS Lothian 2011
- Intensive Training on CBASP (for treatment of Chronic Depression) University of Dundee 2014
- Introductory course to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy BABCP/ACBS 2016
- Intensive course for Acceptance and Commitment Therapy BABCP 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- NMC Specialist Practitioner in Mental Health Nursing (Acute), 2002
- NMC Registered Mental Health Nurse, 1999
- BABCP, 2005
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (1-5)