- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Current NHS consultant posts held
Dr.Mayur Kumar MBBS, MRCP(Gastro), FRCP
Consultant Gastroenterologist and HPB Physician
Clinical Lead for Upper GI/HPB Cancer service (PRUH)
Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Princess Royal University Hospital
Actively involved in clinical research in the field of Inflammatory Bowel disease, Liver and Pancreas conditions , including pancreatic cancer.
I am currently the Principal Investigator on several research trials and actively engage in research activity .
I am an active sports person and play Cricket and badminton . I enjoy travelling and visiting different countries and learn about various world cultures.
I also support many charities and raise funds .
Clinical Excellence award-Kings College Hospital NHS Trust
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Kannada - Native or bilingual
- Gujarati - Fluent
- Hindi - Fluent
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Fluent
- Urdu - Conversational
1.Suppression of tumour-specific CD4+ T cells by regulatory T cells is associated with progression of human colorectal cancer. Betts,G., Kumar M., Godkin, A. (2012). Gut, 61(8), 1163–1171. http://doi.org/10.1136/gutjnl-2011-300970
2.Investigation and management of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency- M Kumar, M Wilkinson; Prescriber journal; May 2013
3.Khat induced hepatitis-a case series and review of literature; M Jenkins, M Kumar, R Hairslip, U Mahadeva, S Lucas, T Wong, P Dargan; Frontline Gastroenterol ;
do i: 10.1136/flgastro-2013-100318
4.Diagnosis and management of Eosinophilic Oesophagitis; M Kumar, R Sweis, T Wong: review article- Postgrad Med J. 2014 May;90(1063):273-81. doi: 10.1136/postgradmedj-2013-131843. Epub 2014 Mar 24.
5.Paediatric pancreaticobiliary endoscopy: a 21-year experience from a tertiary hepatobiliary centre and systematic literature review.
Keane MG, Kumar M, Cieplik N, Thorburn D, Johnson GJ, Webster GJ, Chapman MH, Lindley KJ, Pereira SP BMC Pediatr. 2018 Feb 9;18(1):42.doi: 10.1186/s12887-017-0959-9.
6.Type 1 autoimmune pancreatitis and IgG4-related sclerosing cholangitis is associated with extrapancreatic organ failure, malignancy, and mortality in a prospective UK cohort. Huggett MT#1,2,Culver EL#3,4, Kumar M,
Am J Gastroenterol. 2014 Oct;109(10):1675-1683. doi: 10.1038/ajg.2014.223.
7. Intrahepatic and Intra-abdominal Splenosis: A Case Report and Literature Review :Kiruthika Ananthan, Gibran Timothy Yusuf and Mayur Kumar – Manuscript submitted to World Journal of Hepatology
Courses offered to GPs
GP Academic days- Bromley and Bexley CCG
Lycahealth Orpington- GP evening CME
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 2019
- MRCP( Gastroenterology) Royal College of Physicians, UK 2011
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians, UK 2007
- MBBS Rajiv Gandhi Insititute of Health Sciences, India 2002
- Advanced Endoscopy / ERCP Fellowship University College London Hospital 2012
Reference number 6058813
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians, London 2014
- Member Royal College of Physicians, London 2003
- Member Royal College of Physicians, London 2008
- International Member American Society of GI Endoscopy( ASGE) 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 2014
- BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 01689 877855
- BMI Sloane Hospital
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 020 8466 4000
- Lycahealth Orpington
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 01689 490111
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details