- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Home chemotherapy
I have been a Haematology Consultant since 2008. My specialist areas of haematology are Myeloid malignancy, bleeding disorders, thrombosis (blood clots) and anticoagulation (blood thinners). I am also interested in non-malignant haematology including conditions such as Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP), haemochromatosis and anaemia. I have had extensive experience managing patients with haematological malignancy such as Myeloma, Lymphoma, CLL and Leukaemia.
I am the Haemophilia Director for Bradford Haemophilia Centre and active member in UKHCDO. I am the research lead for haematology at Bradford Royal Infirmary and non-malignant haematology research lead for Yorkshire.
I believe in putting the patient first and ensuring they get the best possible medical care.
Areas of interest
Myeloid, Leukaemia, bleeding disorders, thrombosis, blood clots, anticoagulation, blood thinners, anaemia, ITP, blood disorders
- Dawn Ingle
- Spire Elland Hospital Elland Lane Elland HX5 9EB
- 01422 324037
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Haematologist, Heamophilia Director, Clinical Lead Haematology
Qualifications: MBChB, BSc (Hons), MRCP, FRCPath
I was a medical student at Leeds University and also did a degree in Psychology. I completed speciality training in haematology in 2008. I am clinical lead for haematology research at Bradford Research Institute. I have published various papers in the field of haematology.
1) Bowen D, Ackroyd S. In: Hellström-Lindberg E, editor. Myelodysplastic syndromes. London: Remedica; 2008. p. 1-36.
2) Sa1072 Single Centre Retrospective Study of Hepatitis C (HCV) Infection and Outcome in Patients With Bleeding Disorders Having Received Blood Products in the UK Prior to 1991. Murugesan, Thendral K. Mangala; Tak, Qurat; Ackroyd, Samuel; Moreea, Sulleman. Gastroenterology vol. 144 issue 5 May, 2013. p. S-989-S-990#
3) Is surgery required in the management of spinal cord compression in myeloma patients?
Prestwich RJ, Ackroyd S, Gilson D.
ClinOncol 2011 Mar;23(2):161
4) Assessment of interferon-related biomarkers in Aicardi-Goutières syndrome associated with mutations in TREX1, RNASEH2A, RNASEH2B, RNASEH2C, SAMHD1, and ADAR: a case-control study. Rice G et al, The Lancet Neurology, Dec 2013, Vol. 12 No. 12 pp 1159-1169
Rarity of IgH translocations in Waldenström macroglobulinemia.
Ackroyd S, O'Connor SJ, Owen RG.
Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2005 Nov;163(1):77-80.
IgM myeloma with t(4;14)(p16;q32).
Ackroyd S, O'Connor SJ, Rawstron AC, Owen RG.
Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2005 Oct 15;162(2):183-4.
A case of myelomatous meningitis.
Ackroyd S, Swirsky D, Kay CL, Parapia LA.
Br J Haematol. 2004 Sep;126(5):627
Reference number 4610164
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.