- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Gooding is a Consultant Shoulder and Elbow Surgeon and Clinical Chairman at Circle Nottingham.
His Fellowship training includes:
Nottingham Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship.
Sheffield Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship.
The Mayo clinic and Harvard Orthopaedics, Boston USA 2012.
Australia - Southern Orthopaedics and The Sydney Shoulder Institute 2011.
He trained at the Nottingham University Hospitals, Derby Hospitals and Chesterfield Royal Hospital. .
Trauma and ligament injuries.
Arthritis and Elbow replacement.
Soft Tissue Injury of the Shoulder
Degenerative conditions of the Shoulder.
His clinical practice includes both arthroscopic and open surgery.
He has a particular interest in education and has been involved in development of orthopaedic assessment tools and medical websites.
His recent and current research activity includes elbow ligament reconstruction, elbow replacement, shoulder and clavicle fractures, shoulder replacement and scapula winging.
Positions Of Responsibility:
Clinical Chairman of Circle Nottingham NHS treatment centre.
Clinical leads for Nottingham City and Rushcliffe MSK assessment and treatment services.
British Elbow and Shoulder Society Education Committee 2012-2014
Co-Organiser of the British Shoulder and Elbow Society congress in Nottingham 2014.
MRCS (Ed) 2006
FRCS (Tr&Orth) 2011
Areas of interest
Shoulder and elbow repetitive use injuries; Shoulder and elbow sports injuries; Shoulder and elbow arthritis; Rotator cuff and impingement; Shoulder and elbow dislocation and instability; Shoulder and elbow soft tissue injuries.
- Jane Islip
- BMI The Park Hospital Sherwood Lodge Drive Burntstump Country Park NOTTINGHAM NG5 8RX
- 0115 966 2122
- Rosanna Jones
- Nottingham Woodthorpe Hospital 748 Mansfield Road Woodthorpe NOTTINGHAM NG5 3FZ
- 0115 966 2122
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Nottingham University Hospitals and The Nottingham NHS Treatment Centre
99% of patients recommend (Based on survey of 541 patients under Mr Gooding's care.
- FRCS (Tr&Orth) Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 2012
- MBChB University of Birmingham 2003
- British elbow and shoulder society travelling fellowship. MAYO clinic and Harvard Orthopaedics Boston 2012
- Malkin travelling fellowship. Southern Orthopaedics Australia. 2012
Reference number 6073266
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society Education Committee BESS 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic association; British Shoulder and Elbow Society.
- BMI The Park Hospital Sherwood Lodge Drive...
- 13:00 - 20:00
- 0115 966 2122
- Nottingham Woodthorpe Hospital 748 Mansfield...
- 14:00 - 19:00
- 0115 920 9209
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.