- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Interventional radiology
- Non-vascular interventional radiology
Dr Athanasios Diamantopoulos is an experienced consultant interventional radiologist. He qualified in 2004 from the medical school of University of Patras. In 2013, Athanasios was awarded a PhD from the University of Patras in experimental prevention of contrast induced nephropathy, an active research interest. He holds the European Board of Interventional Radiology (EBIR).
Athanasios has been trained in all aspects of general and interventional radiology at Patra's University Hospital. In 2012, he completed an interventional radiology fellowship at Guy’s and St Thomas'.
Following completion of his training in early 2013 he was appointed consultant interventional radiologist at Guy’s and St Thomas'. His clinical experience includes all aspects of basic and advanced interventional radiology procedures with a special focus in embolisation procedures, interventional oncology procedures such as biopsies and ablation techniques, peripheral endovascular arterial and venous procedures, arteriovenous access procedures and peadiatric interventions.
Athanasios has authored or co-authored more than 70 peer-reviewed original scientific papers and book chapters with his work been international recognised. In addition, he has presented numerous oral free papers and scientific presentations and has been an invited lecturer in national and international conferences.
Areas of interest
Embolisation procedures including varicocele embolisation and pelvic embolisation / Interventional Oncology / Ablation techniques, biopsies and drains / palliative interventional oncology / IVC filters insertion and removal / Vascular and non Vascular Interventional Radiology / children's interventional radiology / Endovascular treatment of peripheral arterial disease / Venous disease / vascular access
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Adam Wantman Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Evelina London Children's Hospital
- Interventional oncology with main interest in ablation techniques
- endovascular therapies of the diabetic foot and below the knee arteries
- prevention of contrast induced nephropathy (eg: CO2 angiography)
- venous interventions
- children's interventional radiology.
- The Editors' Medal 2011, Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology (CVIR), Springer Science (2011)
- CIRSE Fellowship Grant (2012)
- BSIR Registrar scholarship case study (2012)
Reference number 7258346