- Awaiting verification
- Pain medicine
Consultant in Pain Medicine for 20 years. Trained in Acute and Chronic Pain Management covering both Adult and Children and Adolescent pain.
Areas of interest
Pain management; Acute and Chronic including Children & adolescent Pain management
- Jill Lawrence
- 07703 393603
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Pain Medicine, James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough also clinics at The Friarage Hospital, Northallerton and the One Life Clinic, Middlesbrough.
Opioids in Pain Management
Runner up Hospital Doctor Awards X 2
1) Milligan K.A. Management Strategies. In PAIN MANAGEMENT from basics to clinical practice (Ed. Hughes JH – Churchill Livingstone 2008)
2) Millligan K.A. Analgesic Formulary. South Tees Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
3) Date A., Hughes J. & Milligan K. Acute Pain Management. British Journal of Anaesthesia 2006:97;265
4) Millligan K.A. Analgesic Formulary. South Tees Acute Hospitals NHS Trust 2002
5) Millligan K.A., Lanteri-Minet M., Borchert K. Evaluation of long-term efficacy and safety of transdermal fentanyl in the treatment of chronic non-cancer pain. The Journal of Pain 2001:2;197-204.
6) Millligan K.A. Use of opioids in the management of chronic pain. Cleveland Medical Journal 2001
7) Millligan K.A. Management of patients with chronic non-malignant pain. Home Health Care Consultant (US primary care publication) 2000:7;18-24
8) Campbell C., Millligan K.A. Patient perceptions of invasive therapies in chronic pain. British Journal of Anaesthesia 1999:83;191
9) Millligan K.A. & Campbell C. Transdermal fentanyl in patients with chronic non-malignant pain: Case study series. Advances in Therapy 1999:16;73-77
Courses offered to GPs
Available on request to provide GP talks on any aspect of Pain Management.
0% re-admission after procedures
0% mortality after procedures
- MB BS St Bartholomews 1982
- FFARCSI Faculty of Anaesthetists Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 1988
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 2002
- FFPMRCA Faculty of Pain Medicine Royal College od Anaesthetists 2008
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist register - Anaesthesia, 1991
Affiliations / memberships
British Pain Society
Association Of Anaesthetists GB & I
- Park View Medical Clinic, Marton Road,...
- 13:30 - 16:00
- 01642 282822
- Wensleydale Suite, Friarage Hospital,...
- 13:00 - 15:00
- 01642 282822
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Nuffield Hospital Tees 01642 360100