- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a qualified and experienced Cognitive Behavioural Therapist with current full BABCP accreditation. I specialise in the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to treat a range of common mental health problems. I also use Behavioural Activation and Mindfulness approaches to meet client's individual needs.
Areas of interest
I specialise in the assessment and treatment of Depression; Anxiety; Stress; Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD); Social Anxiety, Health Anxiety; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD); Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Panic; Agorophobia; Low Self-esteem and Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD).
Current NHS consultant posts held
I work within an IAPT team in the Bournemouth and Christchurch locality. I also practice privately in the Christchurch area, and work for IESO (CBT accessed through an instant messenger system).
I experience a high level of client recovery rates (based on disorder specific measures as well as qualitative feedback from client's) and regularly gain positive feedback from clients about their experience of therapy.
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy University of Southampton 2011
- Post Graduate Certificate Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner University of Exeter 2010
- Post Graduate Diploma Mental Health Studies University of Southampton 2009
- BA Psychology University of Southampton 2005
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression (MBCT) NHS trust 2008
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Full Accreditation BABCP 2013
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (>50)