- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Head & neck oncology
- Video and telephone consultations
Aakshay Gulati is appointed as Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the renowned Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, with a specialist interest in Head & Neck Oncology and microvascular reconstruction.
He is a dually qualified surgeon holding both dental (1996) and medical (2006) qualifications.
He completed his higher surgical training in Oral & Maxillofacial surgery in the South Coast of England and has subsequently completed the coveted Head & Neck Oncology Interface Fellowship.
He has undertaken advanced dental implant training in South Africa, USA and the United Kingdom. He has been placing implants since 2004 including undertaking complex cases requiring bone grafts and sinus lifts. With his extensive surgical background, he is well versed with all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery including facial aesthetics and implant dentistry.
He was awarded the Leibinger Prize in 2012.
Aakshay is an executive officer for the European Association for Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery and a reviewer for the Journal of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery.
He has publications in peer reviewed journals and presentations at National and International conferences to his credit.
He is the Training Programme Director for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery for the Kent, Surrey, Sussex Deanery and is actively engaged in promoting educational activities in his field both Nationally and Internationally. He regularly lectures in the topics of head and oncology and reconstruction, oral surgery and implantology.
Areas of interest
Dentoalveolar surgery; wisdom teeth; surgical extractions; implantology; bone grafts; facial aesthetics; oral lesions; facial pain; head lumps; neck lumps; salivary glands; salivary gland lumps; head lesions; neck lesions; head and neck lesions; head and neck lumps; facial reconstruction post trauma or surgery; facial reconstruction post trauma; facial reconstruction post surgery; TMJ problems; Facial trauma; parotidectomy; oral cancer; tooth extraction; TMJ dysfunction; myofascial pain, jaw pain; mouth ulcers; implants
- Kent Medical Secretarial Services Ltd
- Kent Medical Secretarial Services Ltd Suite 11 Kent Space 6-6 Revenge Road Chatham ME5 8UD
- 020 3101 3050
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Narayan Venkat Fee Assured
- Dr Kumarvel Veerappan Fee Assured
- Dr Chetan Patel Not Fee Assured
- Dr Abdulsatar Ravalia Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon - Head and Neck Surgery,
Clinical Tutor - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery,
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Executive Officer EACMFS - European Association of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery
Training Programme Director (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery) – Kent, Surrey, Sussex (Health Education England)
Visiting Professor – COMD University, UK
Head and neck oncology and reconstruction
• Clinical Excellence Award - 2018
• BAOMS Travel Grant (Fellowship) – 2012
• EACMFS Leibinger Prize – 2012
• 1st prize BAOMS poster presentation (Clinical Category) – 2009
• 1st prize ‘Team working’ Kingston Hospital – 2007
• MBBS Distinction in special studies King’s College London – 2006
• BAOMS Student Bursary Prize – 2005
• King’s College London Elective Bursary award – 2004
- FRCS (OMFS) Intercollegiate Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons 2012
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2009
- MBBS Kings College London 2006
- International Qualifying Examination General Dental Council 2003
- Fellowship of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeon of England 2001
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery Institute of Dental Sciences, India 1996
Reference number 6143043
Affiliations / memberships
• The Royal College of Surgeons of England (Fellow)
• British Association of Head & Neck Oncology
• British Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
• European Association of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery
• European Academy of Osseointegration
• British Medical Association
• Medical Protection Society
- Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery, ME14 5FT
- 14:00 - 20:00
- 020 3101 3050
- New Victoria Hospital, KT2 7EG
- 08:00 - 13:00
- 020 8949 9021
- The Mcindoe Centre
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01342 330357
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.