- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Family Therapy
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Interviewing
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
Welcome to my profile. I understand that there are times when it is vital to have someone to talk to in a safe, supportive and confidential environment. Such an environment can often be a relief, facilitating a better understanding of one's challenges and creating opportunities for deep personal transformation and improved relationships with others.
I am charted psychologist with British Psychological Society and accredited and registered Psychotherapist with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and Eropean Association for Counsellors
I have been practicing psychotherapy and counselling in London for more than 16 years.
As an experienced psychotherapist, I can help you unravel your feelings and emotions within a secure, warm and non-judgmental environment, where empathy, acceptance and honesty are not only the tools but also the means towards acceptance, personal growth and change.
Areas of interest
Abuse; ADHD; Affairs and betrayals; Anger management; Antisocial personality disorder; Anxiety; Attachment disorder; Bereavement; Bullying; Cancer; Child related issues; Couples issues; Cross cultural relationships; Dependent personality disorder; Depression; Domestic violence; Emotional abuse; Family issues; Generalised anxiety disorder; Hearing voices; Histrionic personality disorder; HIV/AIDS; Internet addiction; Learning difficulties; Low self-confidence; Low self-esteem; Miscarriage; Narcissistic personality disorder; Obsessive compulsive disorder; Obsessive-compulsive; personality disorder; Panic disorder; Passive aggressive behaviour; Personality disorders; Phobias; Physical abuse; PTSD; Postnatal depression; Pregnancy and birth; Redundancy; Relationship issues; Self harm; Separation and divorce; Sex addiction; Sex problems; Sexual abuse; Sexuality; Spirituality; Stress; Suicidal thoughts; Terminal illness; Trauma; Work related stress; Trans* issues;LGBT
- Professional : http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/counsellors/nikolaos-souvlakis
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am Clinical Manager
My research interest and publications are in mental health and spirituality, personality disorders and healing processes. I am also interested in psychoanalytic theme of uncanny and evil eye.
My clinical interests in psychotherapy have been largely in the field of mental health, spirituality, healing, art and forensic. When studying psychotherapy I was increasingly interested in inter-disciplinary issues between art and psychotherapy.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Native or bilingual
My publications are in different scientific journals and are about art, spirituality and psychotherapy.
Courses offered to GPs
Mental Health and Psychotherapy
Child Protection Issues
Spirituality and psychotherapy
PTSD and ex-soldiers, discharged soldiers, verterans
Asylum Seekers and counselling
- PhD Mental Health, Spirituality,Healing and Psychotherapy Durham University 2014
- Msc Forensic Psychology and Criminal Investigation Liverpool University 2014
- MA Psychology of Religion Heythrop college, University of London 2013
- Diploma in Supervision Gestalt Centre 2014
- Diploma in Psychometric Tests British Psychological Society 2010
- Bsc Psychology City University, London 2008
- Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Psychotherapeutic Institute 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited and Registered British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists 2010
- Chartered Member British Psychological Society 2008
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Psychotherapy session - (>50)
Counselling session - (>50)