- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a senior Gynaecology Consultant at Frimley Park Hospital and, until recently the Chief of Service for Gynaecology across the Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust which includes Frimley Park, Wexham Park & Heatherwood Hospitals.
I am lead consultant for colposcopy at Frimley Park and recently lead for gynaecological oncology.
My interests include teaching advanced communication skills for all grades of staff at Frimley Health and leading on GP education for the Trust.
Leisure activities include travel, exercise to keep fit and I am a keen rugby supporter.
I regard myself as a family man and am particularly proud of my four adult children.
Areas of interest
General gynaecology, including treatment for heavy periods and pelvic pain;
Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery'), particularly HELICA treatment for early stage endometriosis;
Gynaecological oncology, including risk reducing surgery for patients with an inherited risk of ovarian cancer;
Vaginal hysterectomy for period related problems and prolapse;
Colposcopy for abnormal cervical smears;
Outpatient hysteroscopy to investigate abnormal uterine bleeding and treatment of endometrial polypi;
Vulval disorders - inflammatory conditions and pre-malignant disease;
- Theresa Broomfield
- 9 The Mallards Frimley Camberley GU16 8PB
- 01276 514545
- 01276 537166
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Timothy B Pepall Not Fee Assured
- Dr Ziyad Rassam Fee Assured
- Dr Madan Narayanan Fee Assured
- Dr Samuel Pambakian Not Fee Assured
- Dr George Evetts Fee Assured
- Dr Neil Taylor Not Fee Assured
- Dr Richard A Cantelo Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Frimley Health NHS FoundationTrust
Frimley Park Hospital
Surrey GU16 7UJ
Risk reducing surgery for familial ovarian cancer;
Food & wine:
LVO (Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order);
CEA (Clinical excellence award) Level 6
Text book - ''Key Topics in Obstetrics & Gynaecology'' (also companion publication ''Key Questions in Obstetrics & Gynaecology'') Slade, Laird & Beynon;
Safety and efficacy of HELICA treatment in early endometriosis -(the first published paper on this topic) Nardo, Moustafa & Beynon
Courses offered to GPs
Al areas of my expertise in gynaecology
- MB BS St. Bartholomew's Hospital, University of London 1982
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1987
- FRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2003
- Accredited Da VInci Robotic Surgeon Recognised by Intuitive Surgical 2010
- Facilitator of advanced communication skills training University of Liverpool 2017
- Training in surgical techniques for advanced endometriosis, including robotic surgery IRCAD Strasbourg 2016
Reference number 2567745
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details