- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Paediatric neurology
I am a Consultant Pediatric Neurologist and my NHS practice is based at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. My experience in Paediatrics spans 15 years in the UK.
I have trained in general pediatrics in East Anglia, London and in Wales. Subsequently I trained to be a specialist Pediatric Neurologist in Addenbrooke’s Hospital and at Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. I have worked as a consultant at the tertiary referral neurology centre at Southampton prior to my appointment at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
I manage/treat children ( 0-16 years) in various neurological conditions such as headaches, stroke, epilepsy, developmental delay, cerebral palsy and neuromuscular problems. I am well versed in the diagnostic modalities including MRI and CT scans, metabolic tests, skin and muscle biopsy. I teach in headache and epilepsy courses via the British Pediatric Neurology Association.
I have successfully completed my general pediatric training and obtained certificate of completion from the Royal College of Pediatric and Child Health, London.
1. Royal College of Paediatrics And Child Health, UK
2. British Paediatric Neurology Association
3. International Child Neurology Association
4. European Paediatric Neurology Society
5. Medical Protection Society
6. General Medical Council
Areas of interest
- Visit profile page on Doctify: http://www.doctify.co.uk
Current NHS consultant posts held
UK, CB2 0QQ
VIDEO CONSULTATIONS- Contact secretary email
Idiopathic Intracranial hypertension
I enjoy racquet sports, running and watching cricket. I try to find time to sketch, paint and cook with my family.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
- Tamil - Conversational
1. Neuropathologic Characterization of Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia Type 6 Associated With Cardiomyopathy and Hydrops Fetalis and Severe Multisystem Respiratory Chain Deficiency due to Novel RARS2 Mutations.
Lax NZ1, Alston CL, Schon K, Park SM, Krishnakumar D, He L, Falkous G, Ogilvy-Stuart A, Lees C, King RH, Hargreaves IP, Brown GK, McFarland R, Dean AF, Taylor RW. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. July 2015
2. Different strokes. Mundada V, Krishnakumar D, Chitre M, Das T. Arch Dis Child Edu Pract Ed May 2015
3. Idiopathic intracranial hypertension in childhood: pitfalls in diagnosis. Krishnakumar D, Pickard JP, Czosnyka Z, Allen L, Parker APJ. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology May 2014.
4. Infantile Seizures. Krishnakumar D. J of Paediatrics and Child Health. Vol 23:6, 243-250. 2013
5. Abnormal cerebrospinal biochemistry in Biotinidase deficiency causing diagnostic conundrum.
Krishnakumar D. Maw A, Brown R, Hogg S, Calvin J, Parker A. J Child Neurol, December 2012
6. Successful treatment of two paediatric cases of anti- NMDA encephalitis with cyclophosphamide: The need for early aggressive immunotherapy in tumour negative paediatric patients. Kashyape P, Taylor E, Ng J, Krishnakumar D, Kirkham F, Whitney A. EJPN. 2012, 6:74-78
7. The clinical presentation of mitochondrial disorders in children with progressive intellectual neurological deterioration: a national, prospective, population based study. Verity CM, Winstone AM, Stellitano L,Krishnakumar D, Will R, McFarland R. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2010, 52:434-440.
8. Diagnostic approach to an adolescent with myoclonus. Krishnakumar D. Advances in Clinical Neurosciences and Rehabilitation, August 2010.
Courses offered to GPs
Nuffield Hospital Brentwood and Cambridge - Paediatric study days
Group teaching at surgery
- MBBS Dr. MGR Medical Univeristy, Chennai, India 1995
- DCH Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, London 1999
- MRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, London 2000
- CCT in Paediatric Neurology British Paediatric Neurology Association 2011
Reference number 5195244
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Paediatric Neurology Association UK 2010
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health London 2000
- Medical Protection Society UK 2015
Affiliations / memberships
· ROYAL COLLEGE OF PAEDIATRICS AND CHILD HEALTH
· BRITISH PAEDIATRIC NEUROLOGY ASSOCIATION
· INTERNATIONAL CHILD NEUROLOGY ASSOCIATION
. EUROPEAN PAEDIATRIC NEUROLOGY SOCIETY
· MEDICAL PROTECTION SOCIETY
· GENERAL MEDICAL COUNCIL
- 4 Trumpington RoadCAMBRIDGECB2 8AF
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 07854 589922
- Shenfield RoadShenfieldBRENTWOODCM15 8EH
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 07854 589922
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.