- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
I have worked for many years as an NHS Psychotherapist, working in specialist Eating Disorder and Personality Disorder settings. My academic career has seen me lecturing on Masters Programmes in Counselling and Psychotherapy at Keele & Chester Universities. I offer private therapy sessions from my exclusive therapy centre on the Wirral. I also work as a Professional Standards Project Manager for the largest counselling body, BACP. You can rest assured that the therapy you are offered is evidence-based and subject to ethical scrutiny. I have extensive experience of working with bereavement, traumatic bereavement, post traumatic stress, anxiety and depression.
Areas of interest
bereavement; traumatic bereavement ;post traumatic stress, life stressors
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
Bereavement, Traumatic Bereavement, Post Traumatic Growth and Resilience.
Coupled with my ongoing family commitments, I also have a gorgeous Rhodesian Ridgeback dog, who is always happy to accompany me on my daily (come rain or shine) walks in the beautiful country parks on the Wirral. I also enjoy the mind-body benefits of yoga which I practice on a daily basis. I also find water to be very healing and I swim on a regular basis. I have a vociferous appetite for books, and have recently been converted to the benefits of a Kindle (after much persuasion!).
Courses offered to GPs
Bereavement, Traumatic Bereavement, Post Traumatic Stress, Eating Disorders, Personality Disorders.
- Masters Degree in Counselling (Distinction) University of Chester 2014
- Certificate in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy British Isles DBT 2013
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing EMDR Academy 2017
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy BACP 2005
Details of entry to specialist register
- Voluntary Register of Counsellors (BACP), 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) provider of approved coaching qualifications.
- 'Rooms @ No 9' Therapy Centre, 216 Greasby...
- 10:30 - 20:00
- 07961 899578
- 'Rooms @No 9' Therapy Centre 216 Greasby Road...
- 10:00 - 17:00
- 07961 899578
- 'Rooms @No 9' Therapy Centre, 216 Greasby...
- 11:00 - 20:00
- 07961 899578
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Nicola Forshaw, 07961 899578
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: nicola.forshawno9