- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Coronary angiography
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR)
- Percutaneous coronary intervention with/without stenting
- Reporting of echocardiography
Qualified from Imperial College, London, in 2000.
Core medical training completed on Guy's and St Thomas' Medical and Critical Care rotations.
MD research undertaken at Kings College, London in vascular biology.
Cardiology training in London and South Thames.
Subspecialty training in coronary intervention at Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, and International interventional fellowship at Royal North|Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia.
Appointed Consultant Cardiologist (Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Trust), October 2013.
Trained in all aspects of adult cardiology with a special interest in coronary intervention and structural heart disease, as well as ongoing research within these two fields
Areas of interest
Special interest in coronary intervention and structural heart disease, as well as ongoing research within these two fields
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist, Brighton and Sussex University Hospital
Special research interests include coronary intervention and precutaneous treatment of structural heart disease,
1. James Cockburn, Meera Sundar Singh, Nur Hanis Mohammed Rafi, Maureen Dooley, Nevil Hutchinson, Andrew Hill, Uday Trivedi, Adam de Belder, David Hildick-Smith: Poor mobility predicts adverse outcome better than other frailty indices in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve implantation. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 06/2015; DOI:10.1002/ccd.25991
2. Sudhakar George, James Cockburn, Tim C Clayton, Peter Ludman, James Cotton, James Spratt, Simon Redwood, Mark de Belder, Adam de Belder, Jonathan Hill, Angela Hoye, Nick Palmer, Sudhir Rathore, Anthony Gershlick, Carlo Di Mario, David Hildick-Smith: Reply: Long-Term Follow-Up of Elective Chronic Total Coronary Occlusion Angioplasty. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 12/2014; 64(24):2709-10. DOI:10.1016/j.jacc.2014.10.004
3. Sudhakar George, James Cockburn, Tim C. Clayton, Peter Ludman, James Cotton, James Spratt, Simon Redwood, Mark de Belder, Adam de Belder, Jonathan Hill, Angela Hoye, Nick Palmer, Sudhir Rathore, Anthony Gershlick, Carlo Di Mario, David Hildick-Smith: Long-Term Follow-Up of Elective Chronic Total Coronary Occlusion Angioplasty : Analysis From the U.K. Central Cardiac Audit Database. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 07/2014; 64(3):235–243. DOI:10.1016/j.jacc.2014.04.040
4. James Cockburn, Warren Yan, Ravinay Bhindi, Peter Hansen: Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection Treated With Bio-Resorbable Vascular Scaffolds Guided By Optical Coherence Tomography. The Canadian journal of cardiology 07/2014; 30(11). DOI:10.1016/j.cjca.2014.06.025
5. Patrick A Calvert, James Cockburn, Dylan Wynne, Peter Ludman, Bushra S Rana, David Northridge, Michael J Mullen, Iqbal Malik, Mark Turner, Saib Khogali, Lindsay Morrison, Martin Been, Rob Butler, Jonathan Byrne, John Thomson, Gruschen R. Veldtman, Philip Maccarthy, Len M. Shapiro, Ben Bridgewater, Jo de Giovanni, David Hildick-Smith: Percutaneous Closure of Post-Infarction Ventricular Septal Defect: In-Hospital Outcomes and Long-Term Follow-Up of UK Experience.. Circulation 03/2014; 129(23). DOI:10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.113.005839
Courses offered to GPs
happpy to do any required for GP based around cardiology
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.bcis.org.uk/pages/page_box_contents.asp?pageid=805&navcatid=157
- BSc 1st Class Honours Imperial College 1997
- MBBS Imperial College 2000
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians 2005
- MD King's College London 2010
Reference number 4735252
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Cardiovascular Interventional Society British Cardiovascular Interventional Society 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology, 2013
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
IV sedation administered by operator - (5-50)
ECG (including reporting) - (5-50)
Adult cardiac catheterisation - radial access (including coronary arteriography/catheterisation of right/left side of heart/ contrast radiology) - with pressure wire (including fractional flow reserve measurement) - (5-50)
Adult cardiac catheterisation - radial access (including coronary arteriography/catheterisation of right/left side of heart/contrast radiology) - (1-5)
Pericardiocentesis - (1-5)
- Show All (8)...