- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Gastrointestinal/hepatobiliary radiology
- General cross sectional
- General ultrasound
- Interventional radiology
- Non-vascular interventional radiology
I qualified with Honours from the University of Manchester after which I completed basic surgical training. I underwent clinical radiology training at the well-renowned Nottingham University Hospitals, achieving subspecialist recognition in Interventional Radiology.
Subsequently, I carried out sub-specialist fellowship training in uroradiology at St George’s Hospital and University College Hospital London, both specialist centres for urological oncology, andrology and stone disease. Here I gained invaluable experience in the entire spectrum of urological imaging and intervention, especially multiparametric prostate MRI, PCNL and renal tumour ablation.
I have delivered numerous national and international presentations in urological/GI imaging and I am currently the Education Lead for the British Society of Urogenital Radiology.
My main clinical interests include urological and GI imaging, prostate MRI, contrast enhanced ultrasound and interventional radiology.
Areas of interest
Interventional radiology including vascular access.
Urological imaging and intervention including multiparametric prostate MRI, transrectal biopsy, PCNL.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologist, Lister Hospital, Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Renal lesion characterisation, multiparametric prostate MRI.
I enjoy playing cricket, travelling to adventurous places and most of all, just spending time with my wife and family.
- MB ChB (Hons) University of Manchester 2004
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2007
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR) Royal College of Radiologists 2011
- Fellowship in Urological Imaging and Intervention University College Hospital, London 2013
Reference number 6098163
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Head of Education British Society of Urogenital Radiology 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Clinical Radiology with subspecialistation in Interventional Radiology, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the British Society of Interventional Radiology
Member of the British Society of Urogenital Radiology
Member of the European Society of Urogenital Radiology
Member of the European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology
Member of the European Society of Radiology
Member of the Radiological Society of North America
- Pinehill HospitalBenslow LaneHitchinHertfordshire
- 17:00 - 20:30
- 01462 422822
- Spire Harpenden HospitalAmbrose LaneHarpenden...
- 08:00 - 12:30
- 01582 763191
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Personal mobile number: 07967027079
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: drapatel