- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I have an interest in teaching and training and have completed a degree in education. I am a surgical trainer and am College Tutor and Regional Advisor to the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and an Educational Supervisor of the London Deanery.
Areas of interest
cataract surgery (including complex cataract) : glaucoma : general ophthalmology : anterior segment
Current NHS consultant posts held
Barking Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust,
Sites: Queens Hospital, KIng George Hospital, Brentwood Community Hospital, Loxford Polyclinic
Glaucoma, medical laser and surgical management including complex glaucoma surgery.
Anterior Segment including dry eyes and blepharitis.
Cataract surgery including complex cataract cataracts in glaucoma patients.
Courses offered to GPs
General ophthalmology for general practitioners
Acute ophthalmology for emergency doctors
The medical, laser and surgcial management of glaucoma
The management of cataracts
I have 100% patients satsifaction with 99.9% "Excellent" ratings on patient surveys
- MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery Monash University 1996
- MRCS(Ed), Member of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2002
- FRCOphth, Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Royal College of Ophthalmolgists 2008
- M Med Ed, Master of Medical Education Warwick University 2011
Reference number 4367404
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- College Tutor Roayal College of Ophthalmologists 2011
- Educational Supervisor London Deanery 2011
- Regional Advisor Royal College of Ophthalmolgists 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Poorna Abeysiri - Specialist , Ophthalmlogy, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council
British Medical Association
Royal College of Ophthalmlogists
UK Ireland, Glaucoma Professionals Association
- Nuffield Healthcare, Brentwood Hospital
- 14:00 - 16:30
- 01277 695695
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Poorna Abeysiri 07707609811