- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Sarah Davies has expertise in all types of musculoskeletal injuries, including sporting, dance and occupational trauma. She became interested in treating movement problems whilst undertaking a Masters degree in Classical Acting at the Central School of Speech and Drama in London. She subsequently completed her specialist medical training in Sport and Exercise Medicine in 2012, by which time her interest was well and truly focussed on joint and musculoskeletal preservation.
As a Consultant, Dr Sarah has worked with British Athletics, and at the London 2012 and Rio 2016 Olympics and Paralympics. From 2012 to 2017, she was based at the English Institute of Sport, where she enjoyed her roles as Chief Medical Officer for ParaShooting and Paralympic Medical Officer for British Athletics. Since 2017, she has added to the scope of her practice, joining the Royal Ballet School and in 2019, the Royal Ballet Company in Covent Garden, London. At the school, she looks after dancers between the ages of 11 and 19 years. Following their career to join the Royal Ballet company, she helps all her dancers to optimise their performance despite stress and strain injuries and illnesses.
Dr Sarah has published work within the field of SEM and has worked as an examiner for the membership exam for the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (FSEM UK). She enjoys maintaining her fitness in the gym, focussing on strength and conditioning and yoga, as well as triathlon and winter sports.
Summary of Experience
- Olympic and Paralympic Sport, English Institute of Sport
- Head Paralympic Doctor, British Athletics
- Dance Medicine, Royal Ballet, Royal Ballet School
- Para sport, Football Association
- Yoga Teacher Training 200 hours
- NHS Musculoskeletal clinics, Battersea Healthcare, SW London
- Private Musculoskeletal clinics, Central and West London, City of London
Areas of interest
Musculoskeletal injuries; Sports Medicine; Sports Injuries; Dance Medicine; Disability Sports Medicine; Disability Sports Injuries; Paediatric Sports Injuries;
- Instititute of Sport and Exercise Health
- Institute Of Sport Exercise & Health 170 Tottenham Court Road London W1T 7HA
- 020 3370 2518
- Marie Sanchez
- Chiswick Medical Centre Bond House 347-353 Chiswick High Road London W4 4HS
- 020 3370 2518
- The London Clinic
- The London Clinic 20 Devonshire Place London W1G 6BW
- 020 3370 2518
- Video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
NHS Practice: Musculoskeletal Interface Clinical Assessment Service MICAS, St George's Hospital, Tooting
Jeremy Fenwick, Director of Services
Bolingbroke Medical Centre, Wakehurst Road, Battersea, London, SW11 6BF
Phone: 0207 228 6654
I believe that exercise is vital for health and wellbeing. It has an important therapeutic use in the prevention and treatment in many medical conditions including chronic pain. I speak from the heart when educating and informing my patients about the non-surgical management of musculoskeletal and sports-related injuries and aim to deliver an holistic insight into the cause of injury.
Courses offered to GPs
I regularly deliver seminars and workshops to General Practices on request. These include joint examination workshops, seminars on criteria for musculoskeletal MRI, amongst other topics to suit the practice needs. Please contact me for details or to arrange a bespoke session individualised to your practice needs.
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 2007
- Diploma of Sport and Exercise Medicine, dipSEM Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2010
- Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine, FFSEM Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine 2012
Reference number 4653086
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport and Exercise Medicine, 2012
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
07946 471 250