- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Miss Susan Alexander graduated from Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School in 1996. Following her basic surgical training in West London, she completed a PhD in Molecular Biology at the Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Imperial College London in 2005, and also during this time completed a Certificate in Adult Education. Miss Alexander completed her orthopaedic specialty training on the North West Thames programme in London (2005- 2010), and during this period also completed an MSc in Orthopaedic Biomechanics from the University of Strathclyde.She has been trained by some of the elite shoulder surgeons in the UK.
Since 2000 she has worked with Mr Andrew Wallace in developing novel arthroscopic techniques and has treated several high-profile professional athletes. Miss Alexander undertook Fellowships in Shoulder Surgery at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh with Miss Julie McBirnie and Mr Mike Robinson to learn complex arthroscopy and shoulder trauma (2010); and at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH), Stanmore, with Mr Simon Lambert and Mr Ian Bayley (2011) to learn complex primary and revision shoulder arthroplasty.
She has published in both clinical and scientific peer-reviewed journals, and has presented at numerous international orthopaedic meetings and her work has won several prizes. She has organised international shoulder meetings and has set up cadaveric courses both in the UK and India to train surgeons in shoulder arthroscopy.
Areas of interest
I treat all aspects of shoulder conditions including shoulder instability, rotator cuff disease, frozen shoulder, arthritis and sports injuries
I have 15 years experience in shoulder surgery, and my expertise is in arthroscopic or keyhole surgery. My list of commonly performed procedures include
- primary arthroscopic shoulder surgery
- complex reconstructive arthroscopic shoulder surgery
- primary shoulder joint replacement surgery
- revision and complex shoulder joint replacement surgery
- Elaine Orchard
- Hospital Of St. John & St. Elizabeth 60 Grove End Road LONDON NW8 9NH
- 020 7806 4044
- 020 7289 4031
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
- MBBS Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School 1996
- MRCS The Royal College of Surgeons of England 1999
- C7307 Diploma in Adult Education City & Guilds 2003
- PhD in Molecular Biology Imperial College, London 2005
- FRCS Intercollegiate Surgical Specialty Board 2009
- MSc in Applied Biomechanics University of Strathclyde 2011
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Elbow and Shoulder Society
Association of Medical Education in Europe
- Fortius Clinic 17 Fitzhardinge Street LONDON...
- 16:00 - 20:00
- 020 7806 4044
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, we will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.