- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Miss Dandawate specialized in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 1999 with honours’ and was awarded a Gold medal for best outgoing Registrar of the year in India.
She came over to UK for further studies in 2004 and did her MRCOG followed by completing her specialist registrar’s training in 2011 in the UK at Wessex Deanery.
She is a highly skilled surgeon at Dorset County Hospital. Working as Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, she is the pioneer in starting Enhanced recovery pathway for gynaecology surgical patients in Dorset County Hospital which has had a huge impact on patient recovery and satisfaction. Miss Dandawate has been conducting outpatient hysteroscopies and manages early cancer cases in Dorset County Hospital.
She is experienced in managing most common gynaecological conditions including key hole surgery, vaginal prolapse surgery and abdominal surgery. She is a skilled professional managing one stop menstrual disorder clinics and postmenopausal bleeding clinics. She has special interest in colposcopy, heavy menstrual bleeding, post menopausal bleeding, chronic pelvic pain, general gynaecology and genital prolapse. She is the lead in gynaecology oncology at Dorset County Hospital.
Areas of interest
Colposcopy; Menstrual disorders; Post menopausal bleeding; Prolapse; Out patient hysteroscopy; Pelvic pain: Early pregnancy and Emergency Gynaecology, Gynae-oncology, contraception.
- Janet Delves
- B M I Healthcare The Harbour Hospital St. Marys Road Poole BH15 2BH
- 07444 915681
- Janet Delves
- BMI Winterbourne Hospital (The) Herringston Road DORCHESTER DT1 2DR
- 07444 915681
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Dorchester
Consultant Obstetrician and gynaecologist
Gynae-oncology lead at DCH and West Dorset
Painting and Yoga and travelling.
Best outgoing Registrar in 1999 in India.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Tamil - Conversational
• B Dandawate, T Carpenter. Asymptomatic torsion of pregnant uterus. Journal of Obstetric and Gynaecology: May 2006: Vol 26, No 4.
• B Dandawate, P Eedarapalli, R Sawdy. Cornual myometrial defect following blunt trauma in pregnancy. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Dec 2007: Vol 47, Issue 6, Pages 512-13.
• B Dandawate, T Carpenter. Rupture uterus presenting as anaemia. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Volume 29, Issue 8, November 2009. Pages 772-773.
Courses offered to GPs
Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
Post menopausal bleeding
Self audited outcomes- Very low post operative complication rate of <1%( exact figure 0.07%)
- Master Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Vijaywada Istitute of Medical Scieces 1999
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Gandhi Hospital, Hyderabad 1991
- MRCOG RCOG, London 2004
- MBBS Osmania University, India 1988
- Colposcopy BSCCP 2008
Reference number 6104968
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Member of British society of Colposcopists
Diplomate of Faculty of Family Planning (RCOG)
Member of Indian Federation of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
British Medical Association
British Gynaecological Cancer society
- BMI The Harbour Hospital Hospital, BH15 2BH
- 08:00 - 10:00
- 01202 244200
- BMI The Winterbourne Hospital, DT1 2DR
- 11:00 - 13:00
- 01305 263252
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.