- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Areas of interest
- Headache conditions – migraine; hemiplegic migraine; cluster headache; SUNCT syndrome; hemicrania continua; trigeminal neuralgia; trigeminal neuropathy; facial pain disorders and post-traumatic headaches;
- Pain in neurological disorders;
- Trigeminal and occipital nerves blocks
- Botulinum toxin injections for the management of chronic headaches
- Acupuncture for migraine management
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (sTMS), vagus nerve stimulation (Gammacore) and Sopraorbital nerve stimulation (Cefaly) for headaches management.
- invasive neurostimulation approaches for the management of refractory primary headache disorders.
- Katie Shaw
- The Shard London Bridge Hospital HCA 27 Tooley Street London SE1 2PR
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Neurologist with an interest in Headache.
Management and pathophysiology of primary headache and facial pain disorders.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Italian - Native or bilingual
- Greek, Modern - Conversational
Emerging drugs for migraine treatment: an update. Lambru G, Andreou AP, Guglielmetti M, Martelletti P. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2018.
Prospective real-world analysis of OnabotulinumtoxinA in chronic migraine post-National Institute for Health and Care Excellence UK technology appraisal. Andreou AP, Trimboli M, Al-Kaisy A, Murphy M, Palmisani S, Fenech C, Smith T, Lambru G.
Non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation for the management of refractory primary chronic headaches: A real-world experience. Trimboli M, Al-Kaisy A, Andreou AP, Murphy M, Lambru G. Cephalalgia. 2018 Jun;38(7):1276-1285.Eur J Neurol. 2018 Aug;25(8):1069-e83.
Lambru G, Trimboli M, Palmisani S, Smith T, Al-Kaisy A. Safety and efficacy of cervical 10 kHz spinal cord stimulation in chronic refractory primary headaches: a retrospective case series. J Headache Pain. 2016 Dec;17(1):66.
Lambru G, Matharu MS. SUNCT, SUNA and trigeminal neuralgia: different disorders or variants of the same disorder? Curr Opin Neurol. 2014 Jun;27(3):325-31
Lambru G, Shanahan P, Watkins L, Matharu MS. Occipital Nerve Stimulation in the Treatment of Medically Intractable SUNCT and SUNA. Pain Physician. 2014 Jan-Feb;17(1):29-41.
Lambru G, Abu Bakar N, Stahlhut L, McCulloch S, Miller S, Shanahan P, Matharu MS. Greater occipital nerve blocks in chronic cluster headache: a prospective open-label study. Eur J Neurol 2013. Dec 7.
Reference number 7061645
Affiliations / memberships
• General Medical Council. Full membership. Reg. Number: 7061645
• Medical Defence Union. Membership number: 643612I
• Ordine dei Medici Chirurghi e Odontoiatri di Parma (Italy). Number: 6065 (Italian professional body)
• Association of British Neurologists (ABN): membership number: 1963
• British Association of the study of Headache (BASH)
• Italian Headache Society (ANIRCEF)
• Anglo Dutch Migraine Association (ADMA)
- The ShardHCA Healthcare UKOutpatients &...
- 09:30 - 20:00
- 07871 491702
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.