- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Areas of interest
- Headache conditions – migraine; hemiplegic migraine; cluster headache; SUNCT syndrome; hemicrania continua; trigeminal neuralgia; trigeminal neuropathy; facial pain disorders and post-traumatic headaches;
- Pain in neurological disorders;
- Trigeminal and occipital nerves blocks
- Botulinum toxin injections for the management of chronic headaches
- Acupuncture for migraine management
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (sTMS), vagus nerve stimulation (Gammacore) and Sopraorbital nerve stimulation (Cefaly) for headaches management.
- invasive neurostimulation approaches for the management of refractory primary headache disorders.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Neurologist with an interest in Headache.
Management and pathophysiology of primary headache and facial pain disorders.
English, Italian, Greek
• Lambru G, Matharu MS. Peripheral neurostimulation in primary headaches. Neurol Sci. 2014 May;35 Suppl 1:77-81
• Lambru G, Matharu MS. SUNCT, SUNA and trigeminal neuralgia: different disorders or variants of the same disorder? Curr Opin Neurol. 2014 Jun;27(3):325-31
• Lambru G, Shanahan P, Watkins L, Matharu MS. Occipital Nerve Stimulation in the Treatment of Medically Intractable SUNCT and SUNA. Pain Physician. 2014 Jan-Feb;17(1):29-41.
• Lambru G, Abu Bakar N, Stahlhut L, McCulloch S, Miller S, Shanahan P, Matharu MS. Greater occipital nerve blocks in chronic cluster headache: a prospective open-label study. Eur J Neurol 2013. Dec 7.
Affiliations / memberships
• General Medical Council. Full membership. Reg. Number: 7061645
• Medical Defence Union. Membership number: 643612I
• Ordine dei Medici Chirurghi e Odontoiatri di Parma (Italy). Number: 6065 (Italian professional body)
• Association of British Neurologists (ABN): membership number: 1963
• British Association of the study of Headache (BASH)
• Italian Headache Society (ANIRCEF)
• Anglo Dutch Migraine Association (ADMA)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.