- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Surgical lacrimal
Mr Sagili is a general ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon. He has experience in the management of a wide range of general ophthalmic conditions including cataract surgery.
Mr Sagili’s specialist procedures include cataract surgery, ptosis correction, ectropion, entropion, periocular tumour excision, eyelid reconstruction with flaps, skin grafts and lacrimal surgery including external and endoscopic DCR. He has a special interest in the management of thyroid eye disease including orbital decompression and the management of orbital pathology.
Mr Sagili trained as an eye specialist in the East of England and completed his training in Cambridge. He undertook fellowship training in oculoplastics at the Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead and worked as a locum consultant oculoplastic surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital in St George’s Hospital, London.
Mr Sagili is also involved in the training of junior colleagues at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and runs an annual cadaver dissection training course for junior doctors at Keele University.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Ptosis (droopy eyelids); Chalazion; blepharoplasty; ectropion; entropion; eyelid skin cancer excision; eyelid reconstruction; Watery eyes; External DCR; Endoscopic DCR; YAG laser capsulotomy
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist & Oculoplastic Surgeon at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
My research interest is in oculoplastic surgery.
Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital Winter Hero award 2015.
Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital Superhero award 2015.
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. En-face frozen section excision of periocular basal cell carcinoma. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012.
2. Lacrimal sac mucocele. Br J Ophthalmol. 2013
3. Correction of involutional lower eyelid medial ectropion with transconjunctival approach retractor plication and lateral tarsal strip. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2006
4. Book Chapter: Orbital exenteration: Clinical Ophthalmic Oncology: Second Edition
5. Outcomes of posterior-approach ‘levatorpexy’ in congenital ptosis repair. Br J Ophthalmol 2014
6. Anterior Approach White-Line Advancement: A Hybrid Technique for Ptosis Correction. Sagili S. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015
Courses offered to GPs
Shropshire Local Optical Committee 2016
Shropshire Local Optical Committee 2015
Learning event for GPs 2015
Teaching Shropdoc GPs 2014
Oculoplastic cadaver dissection course for trainee doctors at Keele University
- MBBS University of Health Sciences 1999
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London 2012
Reference number 6059082
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery
Midland Ophthalmological Society
- Nuffield Health Shrewsbury Hospital, SY3 9DP
- 13:30 - 15:30
- 01743 282505
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.