- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dietetic and Consulting service specialising in Weight Management, dietary advice for weight loss surgery pre and post operatively and personalised dietary advice for chronic conditions such and diabetes and coronary heart disease, food allergies and Low FODMAP diet for Irritable Bowel syndrome (IBS)
Areas of interest
Weight Management, Diabetes, Health Behaviour Change; Eating Disorders (Binge Eating Disorder), Specialist Dietary Advice pre and post Bariatric Surgery for weight loss; Lifestyle and Wellness, Heart Health, Food Allergies (Adults/Teenagers), Non-dieting approach.
Current NHS consultant posts held
NHS Dietitian for over 15 years
Binge Eating Disorder, Obesity, Diabetes, Chronic Disease Management, Nutrition throughout the lifespan, Food Allergies, IBS
Women and Men's Health
NES award for AHP'S
GG&C NHS Bursary award for post graduate studies
Carol Taylor Memorial Award, Toronto Canada for Food and Nutrition Studies
on-line publication for Pharmacotherapy in Weight Management
Courses offered to GPs
Diet and Weight Loss Surgery
Patients lose 5-10% or their excess weight from baseline, in line with NICE and SIGN guidelines on obesity. Weight loss is maintained in 75% of patients 2 years post treatment.
- MSc in Advanced Dietetic Practice University of Central Lankashire 2012
- BSc in Food and Nutrition Ryerson University, Toronto, Cananda 2000
- Post Graduate Degree in Dietetics University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa 2003
- FODMAPS for IBS Kings College London (KCL) 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Committee member of Scottish BDA Board British Dietetic Association 2014
- External Affairs Officier DOM UK (Obesity Specialist Group of the BDA) 2007
Affiliations / memberships
British Dieteic Association
- Dietitians Direct The Consulting Rooms The...
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 07846 087018
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: DietitiansDirect