- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Brain tumours
I am fully qualified paediatric and adult Neurosurgeon with two post training fellowships in Funcational Neurosurgery (The Walton centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Liverpool and Paediatric Neurosurgery (Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London).
My special interests are Neuro-oncology, Epilepsy surgery, Neuroendscopy, intrathecal drug delivery, spinal cord stimulators for pain, deep brain stimulators for dystonia, tremor and parkinsons and simple degenerative spine.
Areas of interest
Functional Neurosurgery for intrathecal drug delivery systems for pain and spasticity, spinal cord stimulators, awake resections of tumours in eloquent regions, Neuro-endoscopy, hydrocephalus, shunt procedures, epilepsy surgery and degenerative spinal surgery.
- Sarah Watson
- Department of Neurosurgery Leeds General Infirmary Great George Street LEEDS LS1 3EX
- 0113 392 8567
- 07903 951225
- 0113 392 8305
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Adult & Paediatric Neurosurgeon at the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Previously worked as a Consultant in the Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham.
2. Epilepsy surgery
3. Brain tumours
Developing databases and teaching presentations.
Three Indian languages (Hindi, Tamil and Telugu)
Child Nervous System
Journal of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
Courses offered to GPs
Forthcoming in October/November 2014
- FRCS Neurosurgery The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2008
- MRCS The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2002
- Post training Fellowship in Funcational Neurosurgery The Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Liverpool 2011
- Post training Fellowship in Paediatric Neurosurgery Great Ormond Stree Hospital for Children, London 2013
Reference number 5191453
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow of the Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh 2002
- Member of the International Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery ISPN 2013
- Member of the British Society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery British Society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery 2013
- Member of the Society of British Neurological Surgeons SBNS 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- Added to the Specialist Register of Neurosurgery, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Society of British Neurological Surgeons
International Society of Paediatric Neurosurgeons
World Society of Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery
American Society of Neurological Surgery
Congress of Neurological surgery
- Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital, LS1 3EB
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 0113 392 8567
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details