- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Trauma focused CBT
I have over 35 years experience of working within mental health care providing therapeutic interventions both in public services (NHS, Local Authority) and private practice.I have worked with individuals, couples and groups delivering a wide range of interventions. I continue to work for public services part-time and have a part-time private practice where I see individuals over the age of 16.
Areas of interest
My focus is upon enabling others to build internal psychological strategies to manage depression anxiety and life events.
I work in a collaborative manner with clients to enable ownership of change and building of positive resilience and recovery.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
currently manage Occupational Health and Wellbeing for Birmingham City Council -part time hours
I have an interest in workplace well being , stress at work and working environments.
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Nurse Midwifery Council 1994
- Enrolled Mental Health Nurse Nurse Midwifery council 1982
- MSC Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy the Berne Institute & Middlesex University 2004
- Clinical Supervision -counselling PGCert Keele University 2010
- CBT -High Intensity Psychological Interventions PGrad dip Coventry University 2012
- Emotional Focused Training University Strathclyde 2011
- family systems -3 day course TA - Manchester 2010
- teaching assessing university Wolverhampton 1996
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited CBT high intensity Therapist BABCP 2014
- Psychotherapist UKCP registered 2005
- 44 Ferrers Road , Yoxall DE13 8PS
- 08:30 - 20:00
- 07773 247733
- 44 Ferrers Road Yoxall DE13 8PS
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 07773 247733
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.