- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Oculoplastic surgery
MBBS; MS; FRCS (Gl); FRCS (Ed); FRCOphth
MBBS and MS (Ophthalmology) from a reputed institution in India.
Basic surgical training in ophthalmology from University of Liverpool.
Higher specialist training in Ophthalmology from Birmingham.
Fellowship in Oculoplastics from Leicester University.
Second fellowship in Oculoplastics from Cambridge University.
Areas of interest
General ophthalmology, Cataract Surgery, Periocular malignancy, Surgery for drooping lids, baggy upper and lower lids, Brow lift, Lid malpositions (In turning or out turning lids), All other lesions/ growths on the lids and in the area around eyes, Treatment of watery eyes, Botox injections, Facial fillers and Skin rejuvenation.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist & Oculoplastic Surgeon at Russells Hall Hospital, Dudley, West Midlands.
Have presented more than 30 papers in national and international conferences, many publications in peer reviewed reputed international journals and contribution in an American text book.
Have been invited as a guest speaker in various conferences to deliver talks on various topics in oculoplastic surgery.
Examiner for MBBS in University of Birmingham; Examiner for FRCS (Ophthalmology)
Very actively involved in various charity projects. Deep love for creative arts. Does musical concerts (as a singer) within and outside UK for charity projects. Has written and directed many plays and runs an entertainment company with the name of Utsav Limited (www.utsavlimited.com).
Well known poet, have written and performed in many countries.
Hind Rattan Awars (Jewel of India), from the President of India, in 2009, on Republic Day, for contribution in the field of creative arts and charity work.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
- Arabic - Conversational
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Conversational
Various peer reviewed journals like British Journal of Ophthalmolgy, Eye, Orbit, Journal of cataract & refractive surgery and American Journal of Ophthalmology,
Courses offered to GPs
Have presented talks on common eye conditions in general practice, common ocular emergencies, Acute red eye, Diabetic retinopathy, Diseases of lids and lacrimal system etc.
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2014
- FRCS Ophthalmology Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1998
- FRCS Ophthalmology Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow 1998
- MS Ophthalmology Medical College Rohtak, India 1988
- MBBS Medical College Rohtak, India 1983
- Fellowship in Oculoplastic Surgery Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge 2006
- Fellowship in Oculoplastic Surgery Leicester Royal Infirmary 2005
Reference number 5193954
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Examiner for FRCS Ophthalmology The Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 2015
- Examiner for FRCS Ophthalmology The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow 2014
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer University of Birmingham 2015
- College Tutor The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
British Medical Association
Medical Defence Union
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
American Academy of Ophthalmology
- West Midlands Hospital, B63 2AH
- 09:00 - 11:00
- 01384 560123
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details