- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Accredited endoscopist
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Lower GI surgery
- Accredited endoscopist
Military Consultant General Surgeon - Trained in Military and civilian posts in Southern England and South Wales. Graduated from Cardiff University in 1997. Advanced training Fellowships in Advanced Pelvic Malignancy/Exenterative surgery (Swansea) and in Cytoreductive surgery/Pseudomyxoma (Basingstoke). Multiple military deployments to Northern Ireland, Iraq, Afghanistan and Oman.
Currently practices in the NHS in Cardiff and continues to serve in the Military.
Areas of interest
Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery; Colorectal Cancer; Advanced Surgical Oncology; IBD(Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis) Surgery; Colonoscopy; Proctology; Haemorrhoids (Piles); Hernias; Day surgery; Intestinal Failure; THD procedure for Haemorrhoids; Cytoreductive surgery; Peritoneal Malignancy; Pelvic exenteration surgery; ePIPAC; PIPAC
- Sarnia Hayes (NHS)
- Department of Colorectal Surgery Duthie Ward University Hospital Of Wales Heath Park Cardiff CF14 4XW
- 029 2074 2142
Anaesthetists worked with
- Spire Cardiff Hospital Profile Page
- Association of Coloproctology Profile Page
- Cardiff Colorectal Website
- Linkedin Profile Page
- Cardiff & Vale University Health Board News Page
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon, University Hospital Llandough, Penarth
Deputy Clinical Director Major Trauma Directorate, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, UHW, Cardiff
Clinical Governance Lead South Wales Major Trauma Network, NHS Wales Collaborative, Cardiff
Surgical outcomes - International Surgical Outcomes Study (ISOS) - Cardiff Principle Investigator.
Lymphangiogenesis in Colorectal Carcinoma.
PIPAC - Pressurised Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy.
ADD-Aspirin - Aspirin cancer chemoprevention study - Cardiff Principle Investigator.
HART - Hughes Abdominal Repair Technique - Investigator.
CIPHER - Observational study to investigate the prevention of Parastomal Hernia - Cardiff Principle Investigator.
Mountaineering, Cycling, Caving, Cave rescue, Climbing, Rugby
Courses offered to GPs
GP education events available in Colorectal cancer, minor anorectal conditions, haemorrhoids assessment and treatment, trauma and military surgery, peritoneal malignancy, general surgical conditions and emergency surgery
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.acpgbi.org.uk/patients/surgeon-directory/ACP01054/leigh-davies/
- MBBCh (Wales) - Primary Medical degree University of Wales College of Medicine 1997
- MRCS(Eng) - Initial Surgical Qualification Royal College of Surgeons of England 2000
- BSc(Hons) - Medical Biochemistry Cardiff University 1994
- FRCS(Gen Surg) - Final Surgical Qualification Royal College of Surgeons of England 2011
- MD - Doctorate of Medicine (Research degree) Cardiff University 2009
- Advanced Pelvic Surgical Oncology Fellowship (Exenterative Surgery) Morriston Hospital, Swansea 2011
- Pseudomyxoma/Cytoreductive Surgery Fellowship Pseudomyxoma unit, Basingstoke 2012
Reference number 4435291
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Emergency Surgery Committee Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Surgery, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Association of Trauma and Military Surgeons
British Medical Association
South and Mid Wales Cave Rescue Organisation
- Spire Cardiff HospitalCroescadarn...
- 13:00 - 17:00
- 029 2054 2574
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details