- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Consultant Cardiac Surgeon
Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
The Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain & Ireland
British Medical Association
Medical Protection Society
Graduated from Medical school in Mumbai, India and initially trained in General Surgery. Specialised in cardiothoracic surgery after training in India, UK and the USA. In the UK worked at centres like the Harefield Hospital and completed the West Midlands training programme. Spent time doing clinical work at the world renowned Cleveland Clinic under the chairmanship of Dr. Delos Cosgrove.
Areas of interest
Coronary artery disease, arterial grafting, beating heart surgery, valvular heart disease,aortic and mitral valve surgery.
Current NHS consultant posts held
University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire
Comparative study of Transvesical, Retropubic and Transurethral Prostatectomies
Thesis for M.S degree examination in General
Clinical profile and Management of Atrial Myxomas
Thesis for M.Ch degree in Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery
Keen teacher and is involved with teaching and training juniors.
Charity is very close to heart. On the International Committee for Cardiostart International, a US based charity. Once every year travel to developing countries performing heart surgeries.
English,Hindi and Marathi
1. Silzone coated St.Jude Medical valves: six year experience in 46 patients
Journal of Heart valve disease Jan 2007; 16:37-41
2. Left Ventricular Aneurysmectomy: Tailored Scar excision and Linear Closure:
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann, Jun 2006; 14: 231-234
1. Heparin induced thrombocytopenia type II complicating CABG: A tale of Caution
Case report: Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery 3(2004) 121-123
2. Fatal Early Acute Thrombosis of mechanical mitral prosthesis
Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery, 2006; 5:460-61
3. Transfusion Related Acute Lung Injury (TRALI) in Cardiac Surgery:
Case report: Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann, Jun 2006; 14:e65-e67
4. Isolated severe ischaemic tricuspid regurgitation: successful surgical correction
Journal of Heart Valve Disease: J Heart Valve Dis. 2007 May; 16(3):331-2.
5. Aortic valve replacement with simultaneous chest wall reconstruction for radiation-induced sarcoma
Journal of cardiac surgery 2008 Jan-Feb; 23(1):58-9
6. Primary right atrial angiosarcoma
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 2008; 16:490-491
7. Near-infrared spectroscopy. An important monitoring tool during hybrid aortic arch replacement
Anesth & Analg 2008 Sep; 107(3):793-6
8. Aortic valve replacement for Libman Sacks endocarditis
Annals of Thoracic surgery 2009 Aug; 88(2):669-671
HOW TO DO IT
Saphenous vein patch plasty to correct saphenous graft and aortotomy mismatch:
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann, Dec 2005; 13: 380 – 381
1. Rare Case of Right Atrial Aneurysm
Indian Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular surgery, Jan 2001; 17
2. Rare case of isolated severe ischaemic tricuspid regurgitation: successful surgical correction.
Indian Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular surgery, Jan-Mar, 2004; 20:43
3. Reoperation in the intensive care unit following cardiac surgery: 10 year review
The heart surgery forum 2008; 11: suppl 1:S170
Courses offered to GPs
Cardiac Surgery the Past, Present and the Future
Please refer www.scts.org
Society of Cardiothoracic surgeons.
- M.B;B.S Bombay University 1984
- MS(General Surgery) Bombay University 1986
- M.Ch(Cardiothoracic Surgery) Shivaji University 1996
- DNB(Cardiothoracic Surgery) National Board-India 1996
- FRCS(General Surgery) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1991
- FRCS(General Surgery) Royal College of Surgeons Glasgow 1991
- FRCS(Cardiothoracic Surgery) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2000
- Clinical Fellow Adult Cardiac surgery Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA 1997
Details of entry to specialist register
- Uday Dandekar, 2009
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Bypass for coronary artery(ies) (including harvesting of grafts and endarterectomy) - (1-5)