- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Reporting of echocardiography
- Stress echocardiography
Consultant Cardiologist in Heart Failure/Imaging/Inherited Cardiac Conditions at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. Cardiology lead for cardiac CT. Senior Lecturer King's College London.
Accredited training in cardiac CT, cardiac MRI, nuclear cardiology and echocardiography. First recipient of the 1 year BCS/ACC Fellowship in Advanced Cardiac Imaging. Trained at the Royal Brompton Hospital, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and St Thomas' Hospital, London.
Author of in excess of 85 publications in the field of cardiac imaging. Doctorate of Medicine Thesis - 2008 - Vascular Alterations in Aortic Stenosis. National and international presentations including ESC/AHA/ACC/ESH/SNM, SCCT and BSE. 50 scientific abstracts presented at major international meetings. In 2011 abstract selected as one of the highest scoring abstracts for the ESC (oral presentation in a featured session). Research interests including valvular heart disease, bioengineering, cardiac computed tomography, cardiac risk assessment using cardiac CT, heart failure and imaging for structural intervention.
Editorial board of the International Journal of Clinical Practice, Frontiers in Cardiac Electrophysiology, International Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery, Case Reports in Emergency Medicine and Clinical Radiology. Founding member of Doc2Doc (BMJ social networking site). Digital web publishing lead for cardiovascular services at GSTT. Communications committee chair for the British Heart Valve Society. Communications committee member of the British Society of Echocardiography. ALS instructor, Spiral Blue Medical Procedures Course instructor. Course Director for the Focussed Acute Medicine Echocardiography (FAME) course. Fellow of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (FSCCT). Best Abstract Award, Abstract Grading and International Committee member for the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography. Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC).
Areas of interest
General cardiology; hypertension, heart failure, inherited heart muscle disease; heart valve disease; cardiac risk assessment; structural interventional imaging.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
Cardiac risk assessment
Applications of cardiac CT to structural and electrophysiology interventions
Structural heart disease
Computational fluid dynamics
Circulation, Heart, European Heart Journal Cardiovascular Imaging, International Journal of Cardiology, Journal of Hypertension, Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, Atherosclerosis, Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, Journal of Thoracic and Cardiothoracic Surgery, Journal of Heart Valve Disease, EuroIntervention, Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine, American Journal of Cardiology, British Medical Journal, Quarterly Journal of Medicine, Revista Portuguesa de Cardiologia, Brazilian Archives of Cardiology, Heart and Metabolism.
- Bachelor of Medicine (BM) University of Southampton 1998
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) Royal College of Physicians 2001
- Doctorate of Medicine (MD) King's College London 2008
- Certificate of Specialist Training - Cardiology General Medical Council 2012
- BSE accreditation in Transthoracic Echocardiography British Society of Echocardiography 2012
- SCCT Level III accreditation in Cardiac CT Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography 2011
- SCMR Level II accreditation in Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance 2010
- USA COCATS Level II Equivalent Training in Nuclear Cardiology Royal Brompton Hospital 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography SCCT 2014
- Communications Committee British Society of Echocardiography 2014
- Communications Committee British Heart Valve Society 2014
- International , best abstract and abstract committees Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography 2014
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology European Society of Cardiology 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT Cardiology, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
British Cardiac Society
European Society of Cardiology
British Heart Valve Society
British Society of Echocardiography
Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
International Cardio-Oncology Society
European Society of Cardiology