- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
I am an experienced psychotherapist and counsellor, accredited by both the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and the British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
I offer counselling, psychotherapy and cognitive-behavioural therapy appointments in Clapham (South London) and Pimlico (Central London).
I have been working in the field of counselling and psychotherapy since 2003.
Areas of interest
I specialise in helping people with anxiety-based problems such as panic, worry, stress, social anxiety, health anxiety, OCD, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and body image concerns. Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) is recognised a highly effective treatment for these issues.
I also help individuals who are experiencing relationship difficulties or distress, such as the ending of a relationship, infidelity, communication issues, problems with trust, or repating the same kinds of patterns over and over again with partners. Counselling can be very helpful for working through these issues.
I have specific experience of providing therapy in the area of sexuality having worked in this field for almost two decades. This includes issues specific to lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT+) communities, as well as sexual problems and sexual health.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
Current NHS consultant posts held
Cognitive-Behavioural Psychotherapist, South London & Maudsley NHS Trust
LGBT issues; disability issues; body dysmorphia.
- MSc Counselling University of Ulster 2009
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Queen's University 2007
- Diploma in Counselling Queen's University 2005
- Certificate in Gestalt Therapy North East Antrim College of Further & Higher Education 2007
- Postgraduate Diploma in CBT Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London 2015
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapies Institute of Psychiatry 2015
- BTEC Professional Certificate in Cognitive Therapy Northern Ireland Association for Trauma & Transformation 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Accredited, 2017
- BABCP Accredited, 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Registered MBACP Accred. Counsellor/Psychotherapist - British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
Accreditation - British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies.
- 41 Abbeville Road, Clapham, London, SW4 9JX
- 13:00 - 17:30
- 07746 166530
- 6a Bessborough Place, London, SW1V 3SG
- 08:00 - 15:00
- 07746 166530
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.