- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist (HCPC Registered & BPS Chartered) and a Cognitive-Behavioural Psychotherapist (BABCP Accredited). I offer counselling, psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) and EMDR appointments online and in Pimlico, Central London.
I have been working in the field of counselling and psychotherapy since 2003.
Areas of interest
I specialise in helping people with anxiety-based problems such as panic, worry, stress, social anxiety, health anxiety, OCD, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and body image concerns. Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) is recognised as a highly effective treatment for these issues.
I also help individuals who are experiencing relationship difficulties or distress, such as the ending of a relationship, infidelity, communication issues, problems with trust, or repeating the same kinds of patterns over and over again with partners. Counselling can be very helpful for working through these issues.
I have specific experience of providing therapy in the areas of sex and sexuality, having worked in this field for two decades. This includes issues specific to lesbian, gay, and bisexual (LGB+) communities, as well as supporting men who experience common sexual problems (e.g. sexual anxiety, erection problems, rapid/premature ejaculation, 'out of control' sexual behaviour).
- Video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
Psychologist | Cognitive-Behavioural Psychotherapist in a national specialist anxiety disorders service at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
- MSc Counselling University of Ulster 2009
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Queen's University 2007
- Diploma in Counselling Queen's University 2005
- Certificate in Gestalt Therapy North East Antrim College of Further & Higher Education 2007
- Postgraduate Diploma in CBT Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London 2015
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapies Institute of Psychiatry 2015
- EMDR Europe Standard Accredited Training EMDR Academy 2019
- PsychD Professional Doctorate Counselling Psychology University of Roehampton 2019
- BTEC Professional Certificate in Cognitive Therapy Northern Ireland Association for Trauma & Transformation 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Accredited, 2017
- HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist, 2019
- BABCP Accredited, 2016
- British Psychological Society Chartered Member, 2019
Affiliations / memberships
HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist
British Psychological Society - Chartered Counselling Psychologist
Accreditation - British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies.
Registered MBACP Accred. Counsellor/Psychotherapist - British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- 6a Bessborough Place, London, SW1V 3SG
- 08:00 - 17:00
- 07857 741271
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.