- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Substance misuse psychiatry
Dr Mateen Durrani is accredited as a General Adult Psychiatrist by the Royal College of Psychiatrists and is on the specialist register of the General Medical Council. After completion of his basic training in Psychiatry in Essex and London, Dr Durrani has worked as a consultant psychiatrist since January 1995 and have experience in working with patients in General Adult Psychiatry, Psychiatry of substance misuse.
Since 2001, Dr Durrani has worked in various senior medical management positions including Medical Lead, Clinical Director and Medical Director, both in NHS and the independent sector.
Areas of interest
General Adult Psychiatry; Schizophrenia; Psychoses; Mood Disorders; Drug & Alcohol Addiction; Dual Diagnoses
- Mateen Durrani
- 07831 888565
1. Trustee for Indus Health Network Charity (UK) which provides free secondary and tertiary healthcare across Pakistan along with primary care facilities in 42 districts, providing an excellence driven, comprehensive, free of charge healthcare accessible to all.
2. Trustee AAS (Alleviation of addiction suffering) Trust, providing treatment and rehabilitation for street children suffering from substance abuse.
3. Trustee British Pakistani Psychiatrists Association
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
- Sindhi - Conversational
Courses offered to GPs
1. Common mental health conditions
2. Mental health conditions in patients with learning disability
3. Psychiatry of Substance misuse
- MB;BS University of Karachi 1981
- DPM Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Ireland 1992
- Board Certificate in Psychiatry Institute of Psychiatry, University of London 1994
- MSc Addictive behaviour Institute of Psychiatry, University of London 1999
Reference number 3517617
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Secretary Diaspora Committee Royal College of Psychiatrists 2014
- Chairman British Pakistani Psychiatrists Association 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Adult Psychiatry, 2007
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details