- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
BSc PhD MB BS FRCP. Qualified from the Guy’s Hospital in 1979 and after several junior posts trained immunology nephrology and transplantation at the Hammersmith Hospital in London and was appointed senior lecturer and Hon Consultant in 1994.
Moved to Oxford as consultant nephrologist in 1995.
Clinical Lead for Renal Medicine from 2009 to January 2017. Nephrology Lead for transplantation.
Particular interests are lupus, vasculitis and transplantation; established the ABO and HLA antibody incompatible transplant programme in Oxford.
Member of the NHSE Clinical Reference Group for transplantation and sits on the Kidney Advisory Board of NHSBT ODT.
Areas of interest
Lupus; Transplantation (medical); Vasculitis; General Nephrology
Current NHS consultant posts held
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust and Hon Senior Lecturer, Oxford University, 1995-present
Senior Lecturer Royal PostGraduate Medical School (now Imperial) and Hon Consultant, Hammersmith Hospital 1994-95
Immunological studies, clinical and basic
- BSc (Hons) 1st Class, Biochemistry London University 1976
- MB BS (Hons Med. Surg. Pharm & Therap) London University 1979
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 1982
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 1996
- PhD London University 1992
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member SAC (nephrology) Workforce Lead Royal College of Physicians 2007
- Member & Workforce lead, Joint Specialty Committee (Nephrology) Royal College of Physicians 2010
- Regional Specialist Advisor (Oxford Nephrology) Royal College of Physicians 2007
- Member, Clinical Reference Group, Transplantation NHSE 2012
- Member Kidney Advisory Group NHSBT 2008
Details of entry to specialist register
- Nephrology & General Internal Medicine, 1994
Affiliations / memberships
British Transplantation Society
American Society of Transplantation
European Society of Organ Transplantion