- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Kordas is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon based at The Horton General Hospital, part of the Oxford University Hospitals.
He gained extensive experience in the surgery of a broad spectrum of common hand, elbow, shoulder, hip and knee conditions then had further training in shoulder surgery in Swindon followed by formal fellowship training in complex hip and knee replacement surgery and hip arthroscopy in the University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire. He holds a Ph.D degree in cartilage research and is the author of several papers published internationally on this subject as well as on aspects of hip surgery.
In his clinical work he performs hip replacements including cemented and uncemented techniques and minimally invasive surgery. In the knee he uses both total and partial replacements including patello-femoral implants depending on the areas affected by arthritis. Knee arthroscopy is a major part of his work including operations for cartilage tears and instability.
He performs routine hand surgical procedures such as carpal tunnel release, trigger finger release, Dupuytren`s contracture and ganglion surgery.
Areas of interest
• Total hip replacement • Total knee replacement • Unicondylar knee replacement • Patello-femoral knee replacement • Knee arthroscopy • Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction • Cartilage repair • Osteotomy; ACL reconstruction
Carpal tunnel decompression, Trigger finger release, Removal of wrist ganglion, Dupuytren`s contracture surgery
- Karen Nicholls
- Ramsay Horton Treatment Centre Hightown Road Banbury OX16 9FG
- 01295 755010
- Maxine Moore
- Foscote Private Hospital 2 Foscote Rise Banbury OX16 9XP
- 01295 252281
- 01295 755001
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr James H Antrobus Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Oxford University Hospitals
The Horton General Hospital, Banbury
Treatment of cartilage defects
(Additional) Languages spoken
Courses offered to GPs
I can offer educational sessions on the diagnosis and treatment of hand, hip and knee conditions as well as injection workshops for interested GPs and physiotherapists.
- Doctor of Medicine Semmelweis University Budapest 1997
- Ph.D. Semmelweis University Budapest 2008
- Fellowship training University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire 2009
Reference number 6135979
Details of entry to specialist register
- Full with specialist registration, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Engl)
Member of the European Hip Society
- Horton Treatment Centre
- 08:00 - 12:30
- 01295 755010
- The Foscote Private Hospital
- 13:00 - 18:00
- 01295 252281
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
The Foscote Private Hospital
Horton Treatment Centre