- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Mr Kordas is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with over 20 years experience.
After his training in the treatment of a broad spectrum of common hand, elbow, shoulder, hip and knee conditions then had further training in shoulder surgery in Swindon followed by formal fellowship training in complex hip and knee replacement surgery and hip arthroscopy in the University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire. He holds a Ph.D degree in cartilage research and is the author of several papers published internationally on this subject as well as on aspects of hip surgery.
In his clinical work he performs hip replacements including cemented and uncemented techniques and minimally invasive surgery. In the knee he uses both total and partial replacements including patello-femoral implants depending on the areas affected by arthritis. Knee arthroscopy is a major part of his work including operations for cartilage tears and instability.
He performs routine hand surgical procedures such as carpal tunnel release, trigger finger release, Dupuytren`s contracture and ganglion surgery.
Areas of interest
• Total hip replacement • Total knee replacement • Unicondylar knee replacement • Patello-femoral knee replacement • Knee arthroscopy • Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction • Cartilage repair • Osteotomy; ACL reconstruction; Minimally invasive surgery; knee pain; hip pain; knee sprain; cartilage tear; meniscal repair; arthritis; rheumatism of joint; cartilage instability; Knee arthroscopy;
Carpal tunnel decompression; Trigger finger release; Removal of wrist ganglion; Dupuytren`s contracture surgery; hand and wrist pain; arthritis of joint; dislocation of joint; sports injury;
- Karen Nicholls
- Ramsay Horton Treatment Centre Hightown Road Banbury OX16 9FG
- 01295 755010
- Hip and Knee Care: http://www.hipandknee.care
Treatment of cartilage defects
(Additional) Languages spoken
- German - Conversational
Several publications on cartilage research and aspects of hip surgery.
Podium presentations on hip surgery, knee surgery, medical education and digital therapeutics.
Courses offered to GPs
I can offer educational sessions on the diagnosis and treatment of hand, hip and knee conditions as well as injection workshops for interested GPs and physiotherapists.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.njrcentre.org.uk/njrcentre/default.aspx
All common complications following joint replacement and keyhole surgery below average.
- Doctor of Medicine Semmelweis University Budapest 1997
- Ph.D. Semmelweis University Budapest 2008
- Fellowship training in hip and knee replacement surgery University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire 2009
Reference number 6135979
Details of entry to specialist register
- Full with specialist registration, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Engl)
Member of the European Hip Society
- Horton Treatment Centre
- 08:00 - 12:30
- 01295 755010
- The Foscote Private Hospital
- 13:00 - 18:00
- 01295 220423
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
The Foscote Private Hospital
Horton Treatment Centre