- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
I am an experienced Psychological Therapist with 18 years employed within the NHS working across a wide range of varying mental health problems.
I am experienced in working therapeutically & collaboratively with clients and see this as a central and intrinsically important role in effective psychological therapy.
I specialise in exploring and understanding the science of the mind and interaction between thought & emotion and how this can and does have a fundamental influence in our every day life.
Areas of interest
Specialities: Anxiety disorders (OCD, Phobias, Agoraphobia, Social Phobia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder); Depression; Work related mental health problems; Stress related problems; Relationship related problems; disordered eating patterns, issues relating to Self Esteem & Confidence.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
Psychotherapist in local Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Service (IAPT), Bournemouth, Dorset.
Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapies and their effect in treating depression and anxiety based disorders.
Please see above.
Patient recovery rates over the last 3 months (to August 2018)- 75%.
These recovery rates are measured by psychometric scores of depression and anxiety.
- Msc in Cognitive Therapy Southampton University 2008
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Therapy Southampton University 2007
- Bsc(hons) in Psychosocial Interventions for Serious Mental Illness Bournemouth University 2005
Details of entry to specialist register
- BABCP, 2008
- Creekmoor Surgery 1 Borley Road POOLE BH17 7DT
- 08:00 - 17:00
- 07882 152197
- Wimborne therapy centre 41c East Street...
- 16:00 - 20:30
- 07882 152197
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details