- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
- Face-to-face consultations
Last updated: 20 Jul 2020
- Neonatal medicine
- Paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology & nutrition
- Paediatric immunology, infectious diseases & allergy
- Paediatric nephrology
- Paediatric neurology
- Paediatric respiratory medicine
Dr Bakshi qualified in medicine in 1996 and completed his specialist training in General Paediatrics in the London Deanery. He is one of the few formally trained Allergists in the UK. Dr Bakshi has worked in some of the best teaching hospitals in the UK, including the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, Great Ormond Street Hospital for children in London, St Mary’s Hospital Paddington and The Royal London Hospital.
In the Nhs, Dr Bakshi has previously held the post of Honorary Consultant in Allergy at Imperial College London. He has also been a substantive Consultant General Paediatrician for many years and clinical lead for Paediatric Allergy at Nottingham Children's Hospital. He is an expert in interpreting skin prick tests for allergic disorders in children, and offers sub-lingual immunotherapy (Grazax) for severe hay fever, cat and house dust mite allergy.
Dr Bakshi has participated in many clinical trials, published extensively in peer reviewed indexed journals, and presented in many national and international conferences. He is the editor of The Online Journal of Clinical Audits, www.clinicalaudits.com . Dr Bakshi is frequently invited to chair allergy training days and deliver talks in international conferences for eg. recent advances in allergy management, probiotics, wheat intolerance and eczema.
Areas of interest
• All acute and chronic children's problems
• expertise in food allergies, eczema, hay fever, hives, lip/ eye swelling in children and adults
• vaccine administration
• abdominal pain, constipation, nutritional disorders
• seizures, migraine, joint pains, chronic fatigue syndrome, anxiety, palpitations, respiratory & gastroenterology
• Initial assessment for ADHD, autism, child development and behavioural issues
- Christina Haines
- BMI The Park Hospital Sherwood Lodge Drive Burntstump Country Park Arnold Nottingham NG5 8RX
- 0115 966 2122
- 0115 966 2045
- Christina Haines
- BMI The Priory Hospital Priory Road Edgbaston Birmingham B5 7UG
- 0115 966 2122
- 0115 966 2045
Current NHS consultant posts held
Previously held Nhs appointments:
1. Consultant Paediatrician and lead for Paediatric Allergy at Nottingham University Hospitals Trust till 2014 - 2018.
2. Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Allergy at St Mary's Hospital, Imperial College London NHS Trust in 2013.
3. Consultant Paediatrician with expertise in Allergy at Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals Trust 2012-13.
Adults and Children:
Irritable bowel syndrome
All acute and chronic children's problems
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Dr Bakshi was awarded a certificate of excellence for outstanding patient care in 2019, by the independent NHS accredited website www.iwantgreatcare.com
Dr Bakshi was awarded a certificate of excellence by Doctify for outstanding patient care in 2020.
PUBLICATIONS (Indexed Journals)
1. Management of Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care, Bakshi D, Pollock I. Clinical and Translational Allergy; 2011, 1(Supp 1):P40.
2. Randomisation across continents, could be a confounding factor for biased results, Bakshi D. Pediatrics; September 2005.
3. Selective Neonatal BCG Vaccination, Bakshi D, Sharief N. Acta Paed, 93; 9, 1207-9(2004) .
4. Oral vitamin B12 is effective in postsurgical patients, Bakshi D. Arch Dis Child, March 2004.
5. Ultrasonographic Evaluation of Thyroid Volume in Delhi Children, Bakshi D, Seth A, Narula S. J Paed Endo & Metab, 16, 843-849(2003) .
6. Impact of Allergic Rhinitis on examination performance, Pulse GP Journal.
1. Ara h2 is a useful marker for peanut allergy in diagnostic uncertainty. BSACI Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2016.
2. Stevens-Johnson syndrome induced by flucloxacillin hypersensitivity reaction. BSACI Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2016.
3. Audit of NICE guidelines on Anaphylaxis. British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2015.
4. Management of cow's milk protein allergy in primary care in Hertfordshire. British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2014.
5. Analysis of changes in airborne pollutant levels in response to nocturnal temperature controlled laminar airflow treatment, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), Copenhagen, Denmark, June 2014.
6. Modified skin prick testing to cod is a diagnostic marker for Bangladeshi fish allergy. Poster Discussion Presentation, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), Geneva, Switzerland, June 2012.
7. Management of Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care. Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting (FAAM), Venice, Italy, February 2011.
Courses offered to GPs
I frequently deliver talks in international conferences, and to UK health professionals on the following topics:
1.Identification and Diagnosis of allergic disorders
2 Recent advances in allergy management
3.Cow's Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care
5. Allergic Rhinitis
6. Gluten Attack: The epidemic of wheat intolerance
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.doctify.com/uk/specialist/dr_dinkar_bakshi_2
Patient feedback from the independent accredited website DOCTIFY
Awarded Certificate of Excellence in patient care in 2020
- MRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health 2006
- MSc Allergy Imperial College London 2013
- FRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health 2015
Reference number 6051748
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Editor The Online Journal of Clinical Audits, www.clinicalaudits.com 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST in General Paediatrics, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
RCPCH - Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health
BSACI - British Society of Allergy & Clinical Immunology
EAACI - European Academy of Allergy & Clinical Immunology
BPAIIG - British Paediatric Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Diseases Group
BMA - British Medical Association
MDU - Medical Defence Union
- 43 George Road, Birmingham, B15 1HN
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 07587 840618
- BMI The Park Hospital
- 13:00 - 19:00
- 0115 966 2000
- BMI The Priory
- 12:00 - 17:00
- 0121 440 2323
- BUPA Cromwell Hospital
- 09:00 - 16:00
- 07587 840618
- Nuffield Health, Leicester
- 08:00 - 13:00
- 0116 276 9401
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details