- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology & nutrition
- Paediatric immunology, infectious diseases & allergy
- Paediatric neurology
- Paediatric respiratory medicine
Dr Bakshi qualified in medicine in 1996 and completed his specialist training in Paediatrics in the London Deanery. He is one of the few formally trained paediatric allergists in the UK. Dr Bakshi has worked in some of the best teaching hospitals in the UK, including the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, Great Ormond Street Hospital for children in London, St Mary’s Hospital Paddington and The Royal London Hospital.
Dr Bakshi has previously held the post of Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Allergy at Imperial College London and clinical lead for paediatric allergy at Nottingham Children's Hospital. He is an expert in interpreting skin prick tests for allergic disorders in children, and offers sub-lingual immunotherapy (Grazax) for severe hay fever, cat and house dust mite allergy.
Dr Bakshi has participated in many clinical trials, published extensively in peer reviewed indexed journals, and presented in many national and international conferences. He is the editor of The Online Journal of Clinical Audits, www.clinicalaudits.com . Dr Bakshi is frequently invited to deliver talks to GPs and other health professionals on various topics including food allergy, wheat intolerance and eczema.
Areas of interest
• All acute and chronic children's problems
• expertise in allergies, eczema, hay fever, respiratory & gastroenterology
• vaccine administration
• abdominal pain, constipation, nutritional disorders
• seizures, migraine, joint pains, chronic fatigue syndrome, anxiety, palpitations
• Initial assessment for ADHD, autism, child development and behavioural issues
- Alison Payne
- B M I The Park Hospital Sherwood Lodge Drive Burntstump Country Park Arnold Nottingham NG5 8RX
- 0115 966 2122
Irritable bowel syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome
PUBLICATIONS (Indexed Journals)
1. Management of Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care, Bakshi D, Pollock I. Clinical and Translational Allergy; 2011, 1(Supp 1):P40.
2. Randomisation across continents, could be a confounding factor for biased results, Bakshi D. Pediatrics; September 2005.
3. Selective Neonatal BCG Vaccination, Bakshi D, Sharief N. Acta Paed, 93; 9, 1207-9(2004) .
4. Oral vitamin B12 is effective in postsurgical patients, Bakshi D. Arch Dis Child, March 2004.
5. Ultrasonographic Evaluation of Thyroid Volume in Delhi Children, Bakshi D, Seth A, Narula S. J Paed Endo & Metab, 16, 843-849(2003) .
6. Impact of Allergic Rhinitis on examination performance, Pulse GP Journal.
1. Ara h2 is a useful marker for peanut allergy in diagnostic uncertainty. BSACI Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2016.
2. Stevens-Johnson syndrome induced by flucloxacillin hypersensitivity reaction. BSACI Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2016.
3. Audit of NICE guidelines on Anaphylaxis. British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2015.
4. Management of cow's milk protein allergy in primary care in Hertfordshire. British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2014.
5. Analysis of changes in airborne pollutant levels in response to nocturnal temperature controlled laminar airflow treatment, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), Copenhagen, Denmark, June 2014.
6. Modified skin prick testing to cod is a diagnostic marker for Bangladeshi fish allergy. Poster Discussion Presentation, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), Geneva, Switzerland, June 2012.
7. Management of Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care. Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting (FAAM), Venice, Italy, February 2011.
Courses offered to GPs
I frequently deliver talks to GPs and other health professionals on the following topics:
1.Introduction to Allergic Disorders
2.Food Allergy: A Diagnostic Approach
3.Cow's Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care
5. Allergic Rhinitis
6. Gluten Attack: The epidemic of wheat intolerance
- MBBS Delhi University, India 1996
- MD Paediatrics Delhi University, India 2002
- MRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health 2006
- MSc Allergy Imperial College London 2013
- FRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health 2015
Reference number 6051748
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Editor The Online Journal of Clinical Audits, www.clinicalaudits.com 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST in General Paediatrics, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
RCPCH - Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health
BSACI - British Society of Allergy & Clinical Immunology
EAACI - European Academy of Allergy & Clinical Immunology
BPAIIG - British Paediatric Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Diseases Group
EMPAG - East Midlands Paediatric Allergy Group
BMA - British Medical Association
MDU - Medical Defence Union
- BMI The Park Hospital
- 14:00 - 19:00
- 0115 966 2000
- BMI The Park Nottingham
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 0115 966 2000
- BMI The Priory
- 12:00 - 16:00
- 0121 440 2323
- Daleswood Health
- 11:00 - 13:00
- 01675 489489
- London Allergy and Immunology Clinic
- 12:00 - 19:00
- 020 7467 6190
- Nuffield Health, Leicester
- 08:00 - 13:00
- 0116 276 9601
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details