- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Aneurysms/arteriovenous malformations (AVM)
- Brain tumours
Areas of interest
Pituitary tumours; Acromegaly; Cushing's disease; Craniopharyngiomas; Trigeminal neuralgia; Facial pain; Brain aneurysms; Brain tumours; Gliomas; Meningiomas; Acoustic neuromas; Chordomas; Tumours of the orbit; Tumours of the skull base;
- University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust
- Neurosurgery update course
- Worcester Standard
- New York Daily news
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham Charity
Current NHS consultant posts held
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Medical Centre,
Birmingham, B15 2TH
Brain-Computer Interface (BCI)
Tennis, walking in the countryside, art, cooking
Storz Skull Base Award, World Federation of Skull Base Societies Meeting, Brighton 2012.
Best Poster Presentation Award, Society of British Neurological Surgeons (SBNS), Torquay 2005 for abstract entitled “Microglial Infiltrate in Diffuse Low Grade and Anaplastic Astrocytomas”.
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Paluzzi A, Belli A, Lafuente J, Wasserberg J. Role of the C2 Articular Branches in Occipital Headache: An Anatomical Study. Clin Anat. 2006 Sep;19(6):497-502.
2. Paluzzi A, Bain PG, Liu X, Yianni J, Kumarendran K, Aziz TZ. Pregnancy in dystonic women with in situ deep brain stimulators.
Mov Disord. 2006 May;21(5):695-8.
3. Paluzzi A, Belli A, Bain P, Liu X, Aziz TM. Operative and hardware complications of deep brain stimulation for movement disorders.
Br J Neurosurg. 2006 Oct;20(5):290-5.
5. Paluzzi A, Woon K, Bodkin P, Robertson IJ. Scapula alata as a consequence of park bench position for a retro-mastoid craniectomy. Br J Neurosurg. 2007 Oct;21(5):522-4.
6. Paluzzi A, Belli A, Bain P, Viva L. Brain 'imaging' in the Renaissance. J R Soc Med. 2007 Dec;100(12):540-3.
7. Paluzzi A, Kalsi P, Mukerji N, Viva LJ, Patton, MA. Ruptured cerebral aneurysm in a patient with Floating-Harbor syndrome. Clin Dysm. 2008 Oct;17(4):283-5
8. Paluzzi A, Scopel T, Pinheiro-Neto CD, Koutourousiou M, Fernandez-Miranda JC, Gardner P, Snyderman C. Endoscopic endonasal approach to cholesterol granulomas of the petrous apex: a series of 17 patients. J Neurosurg. 2012 Apr;116(4):792-8
9. Paluzzi A, Fernandez-Miranda JC, Gardner P. Retracing the etymology of terms in neuroanatomy. Clinical Anatomy March 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
10. Paluzzi A, Gardner P, Fernandez-Miranda JC, Snyderman C. The expanding role of endoscopic skull base surgery. British Journal of Neurosurgery, April 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
11. Mukerji N, Paluzzi A, Crossman J, Mitchell P, Nissen J. Emergency neurosurgical referrals in the North East of England - trends over four years
2008-2011. Br J Neurosurg. 2013 Jun;27(3):334-9.
12. Koutourousiou M, Gardner PA, Fernandez-Miranda JC, Paluzzi A, Wang EW, Snyderman CH. Endoscopic endonasal surgery for giant pituitary adenomas: advantages and limitations. J Neurosurg. 2013 Mar;118(3):621-31.
13. Shin SS, Tormenti MJ, Paluzzi A, Rothfus WE, Chang YF, Zainah H, Fernandez-Miranda JC, Snyderman CH, Challinor SM, Gardner PA. Endoscopic endonasal approach for growth hormone secreting pituitary adenomas: outcomes in
53 patients using 2010 consensus criteria for remission. Pituitary. 2013
14.Paluzzi A, Fernandez-Miranda JC, Tonya Stefko S, Challinor S, Snyderman CH, Gardner PA. Endoscopic endonasal approach for pituitary adenomas: a series of 555 patients. Pituitary. 2013 Aug 2. [Epub ahead of print]
Courses offered to GPs
Masters Dissection Course in Endoscopic Anterior Skull Base Surgery, Walsgrage Hospital, Covetry. Faculty.
Faculty at Pituitary dissection course, Freeman hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
View photos of my work
Click an image to enlarge and read a description
View videos on youtube
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.hed.nhs.uk/SBNS/ViewMedic/Details/96345838304
- Medical Degree University of Padua Medical School 1999
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MRCS Ed) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2004
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons- Surgical Neurology (FRCS-SN) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2010
- Master of Science (MSc) Surgical Technology Imperial College London 2003
- Cerebrovascular and Skull Base Fellowship University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania, USA 2012
Reference number 4774905
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant Neurosurgeon University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust 2012
- Clinical Service Lead University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Society of British Neurological Surgeons (SBNS)
British Skull Base Society (BSBS)
North American Skull Base Society (NASBS)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.